Legacy reader is officially retired from today.

Legacy reader is officially retired from today.

• Loli Emilia is best

Votes: 1,001 28.0%
  • Emilia is best

Votes: 915 25.6%
  • I'm lame and like Rem

Votes: 1,656 46.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys just tell us how much it cost to bring it back to life im pretty sure people would be more than happy to donate to bring it back to life cuz the new reader is awful takes 1minute to load 5 pages fking hell guys.... Stop being stubborn and just name the price it cost for it

Contributor
@MrFakOff
It's not coming back. It was killed for the health of the of site. Unless you and those that want the legacy reader back can fork over enough money for the server(s) to support it I doubt there is nothing that can be done to even get it considered. A better/more realistic option would be to write your own reader using the API that is provided.

The major issue for me is aesthetucs- Not having a button to go to the next page, and forcing the bland "Previous/Next Chapter" empty space at the very bottom of everything is just so horribly ugly...

However, another (admittedly more slight) problem is that it IS a slower load than Legacy. I don't feel like there's a viable solution to that problem- But an option to at least retain some of the aesthetics of the legacy reader would be nice. Simplicity is much better than the horrid, newfangled Futuristic look the current reader is going for.

Screenshot_20210212-004339_Samsung_Internet.jpg
this just looks... Bad. It's not well designed. As much as you might want to wave your hand and say it is, this is HORRIBLE graphic design.

Dex-chan lover
Didn't some people say they would leave MD and find other sites because they think the "new" reader is shit? Why do still see them commenting on this thread?

Double-page supporter
> Why do still see them commenting on this thread?

Attentionwhores. Just like back in 2015 all these US "stars" yelling IF TRUMP WINS I'LL LEAVE US!!!. Guess what, not a single one kept the promise 😁

Dex-chan lover
Simplicity is much better than the horrid, newfangled Futuristic look the current reader is going for.
>newfangled futuristic look
GB7C8gL.gif

Looks futuristic to legacy boomers, maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread