Legacy reader is officially retired from today.

Legacy reader is officially retired from today.

• Loli Emilia is best

Votes: 1,001 28.0%
  • Emilia is best

Votes: 915 25.6%
  • I'm lame and like Rem

Votes: 1,656 46.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Double-page supporter
@weisst That are some extreme examples. Are people really that lazy to make a couple extra clicks every month or so?

And if you really need to re-read previous chapters, then why not just go to chapter list and select it from there?

@Halo OK if you say it's perfectly normal I'll agree with you.

Never had situation like this one using legacy reader look at the time bottom right:

RpjypmB.png

H7j7hxp.png

2AIshHz.png

My internet connection is good and had never any issues with loading manga chapter before. Now it's happening frkn REGULARLY!

EDIT: and after few mins[/b I get this result]:

NjTIaV5.png

And you all are saying there's nothing wrong with the new default reader.. yeah right.. we all are stupid and and just don't like changes? Progressive changes are always appreciated but regressive ones like this one which hinders users regular reading workflow are NOT welcomed by any means.

Double-page supporter
@r0manas you should hide your IP... 🙄

I never had this issue. Can you try accessing it through a VPN via some NA location?

I fucking hate the new reader.. useless shit. Worst thing is not that It not load Page. The worst thing its that the shit keep jumping to early or even the first Page of a chp... This reader look cheap even worst that the one you can find i some aggregators sites.

@Holo
@r0manas you should hide your IP... 🙄
hehe.. yeah thanks for the reminder ^^

But you have to agree that something is not right with the new default reader. Using legacy reader I didn't need to use any VPN services to read manga/manhwa/manhua and it literally took seconds to load full chapter. Now sometimes it loads fast, sometimes it hangs and most of the times there are always few pages that needs to be reloaded (which never happened before)

I've used the default reader a few times before but these 'hiccups/bugs' always had me reverted back to legacy one. I can also agree with others that sometimes the sizing isn't centered and the images aren't sized properly. I have tried all the sizing options including advanced by setting custom container size.

Power Uploader
You people should have worked on legacy reader to support MDH and make it better rather than building this damn default reader tbh...
Anyways, it doesn’t matter me anymore... I have decided to quit using site and use the Paperback app on iPad...

Double-page supporter
@r0manas From how I understand it, the legacy used to serve images from actual servers, but now everything is through M@H:

The legacy reader is incompatible with MangaDex@​Home so we'll likely be killing it off in the near future for the sake of the servers.
https://mangadex.org/thread/269828/1

If this is the case, then it's not the reader issue but the server issue. My guess is that you're being served by a faulty M@H node, using VPN can probably connect you to a better one.
You can try reporting this node on the discord, like so:
https://discord.com/channels/403905762268545024/404025002568974347/805966471766212648

Group Leader
@BestBoy
manga weren't meant to be read in long strip mode.
Maybe not traditionally, but now even official sources serve images in that mode (mangaplus, niconico-seiga). There must be good reasons for that, right?

Dex-chan lover
@-Kyle-
wish there was an option to move the page counter to the side or something
The page number is in the bottom right of the sidebar. It's also the last two digits of the url.

You can hide the bottom page bar in Reader settings too. Reader settings -> Layout settings -> Page bar

@Shin_968
The 'good reason' is because it keeps the Zoomers scrolling, just like how sites like Instagram keep loading as you scroll to hold your attention and give no clear stopping point. (Half /s, could actually be part of the reason, idk.)

Dex-chan lover
@Shin_968 It's basically solely for phone readers convenience. I'll go ahead and say reading on your phone is also a poor way to read manga. Long strip mode renders page layout planned by the authors negligible. For example, two panels on separate pages planned to showcase a comparison. Like in Koe no Katachi of young Nishimiya in bed compared to teen Nishimiya in bed. It's very powerful, but the effect is lost in long strip mode.

Feels like there's an image size that was in the legacy reader that you can't do in the new one.
Something in between fit height and fit width. The former makes the image too small and the latter makes it too big.

Sadly the current reader never worked properly for me on my Ipad 2 (yeah I know it's a old device but I still works perfectly). The legacy reader was fast while the new one is unusable since it just keeps trying to load a page but never does it. It's not a connection problem either since my phone from 2019 loads pages properly (though slower than it used to on the legacy reader).

This sucks, I really don't know what to do now. 😩

Oh gross

The new reader looks genuinely horrible, and it takes SO GODDAMN LONG TO LOAD

Legitimately disappointed. Time to swap to light novels only 😂

Is this only my problem? when I try to read on mobile, it keeps jumping to the earlier chapters in the middle of the chapter or it keeps going to the top of the site even though I don't do anything so I have to keep scrolling to the page I was reading every minute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread