Legacy reader is officially retired from today.

Legacy reader is officially retired from today.

• Loli Emilia is best

Votes: 1,001 28.0%
  • Emilia is best

Votes: 915 25.6%
  • I'm lame and like Rem

Votes: 1,656 46.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PMR

A legacy style skin would be nice yeah, just have it be exactly the same but the codings different

Just had to switch from legacy to the new standard and the click anywhere in container and directional input don't work for me works inconsistenly with the sidebar collapsed.
Is this a known issue?
For directional input to work I need to click on the edge of the picture for going left
Ok seems I found iit out for directional input. It acts as if the sidebar isn't collapsed in where you need to click. So if the image is toosmall you literally can only go one direction with directional input

is a Reindeer
VIP
@BiscuitCookie If that's occurring, it's because you've set a max pixel width or something. You should be able to go in either direction regardless of how small the image is.

@Plykiya It managed to fix by changing the resize setting to fit to width. Seems that when you set it to not resize it does something weird with container size and directional input. etc.

@BraveDude8
Cel6wKm

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Yuu_Jin it just clicked in my head that you're using windows RT and a metro version of internet explorer, which is probably insanely out of date
that explains a lot as to why it just doesn't work even though edge is perfectly fine

Fed-Kun's army
BOOO!!

The new reader is slower, and I have to make allowanced for it in my script blocker just to make it work.

Contributor
Could have set legacy to compressed images only. I get that legacy didn't use md@h

While the reader has reduced bugs over time it's still going to have some issues while legacy never will.

Only recently fixed, the reader loads half images or image can't load.
I still get occasional freezes when going to next chapter and the only way to fix it is to reload the page. Sometimes md@h images stall or take forever to load, it's rare though.

I still use mangapark on occasion because of reader problems. Much less than I did before.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@SushiBentou Setting it to compressed images wouldn't have changed anything, there's literally no cache server to serve images to people anymore. There's no point with the insane amount of leftover bandwidth on MD@H.

Contributor
I guess that makes the choices made obvious.

It also makes occasional manually reloading to fix problems a very minor issue in comparison.

I still want legacy if practical but I guess it's not.

@Plykiya, yep, insanely outdated but not an update-addicted slave. 1Gb RAM is more than enough for my IE. And! It's 8.1. Prepare your SSD for new big and fleshy forced update and have a good day! Dixi.
OUT.

Suggestions for the default reader (PC version):

1. Option for visible sidebar that doesn't move the images off centre (reduced size or maybe splitting it into left-right, idk)
As most PC monitors are indeed wider than the images, using the empty space on the side(s) is good, but images pushed off centre is annoying.
Right now the only options are:
-Hidden sidebar (no navigation)
or
-Visible sidebar (off centre)

2. Dropdown page selection like in mobile.
Typing the page number is not practical.

And no, reading manga two handed with keyboard is blasphemous. (I have page down/up on my mouse side buttons)

Thanks.

-------

For Mobile adding an option to change swipe gestures would be nice. Next/Prev page swipe on long strip is not very useful, can have option to change it to next/prev chapter is nice. Now to change chapter you have to scroll to top/bottom. Very inconvenient.

Another alternative is to make an option that allows for a permanent/semi permanent (toggleable or button) nav bar that is currently on top, not unlike pc.

You folks are very patient with your users, respect.

It might have been possible to ease some more into the transition by posting a link to a short video introduction. Many of the more disgruntled users seem to have user problems that could be solved with additional knowledge.

(I might have opted for one announcement with feature into, maybe two sentences history, and left folks an empty room to go through their stages of grief.)

Fed-Kun's army
Well, I understand the reason now. I'm one of the person who used to insists on having legacy reader in the earlier days. Now after getting used to the new reader I don't see any problems with it anymore.

Honestly, the only thing I was still on Legacy reader is because I like to load everything is one long strip and then move to the next chapter by clicking on the images at any point.
I don't seem to be able to do this anymore, since clicking the images either does nothing or just changes pages, not chapters.

Well after using normal mode for 3 days im sad it sucks i cant even change chapter ffa i need to scoll down at the end of the page just to switch my chapter wtf is this and why is the all page mode so damn laggy...

Im pretty sure people would prefer this site with shit ton of ads and even paid version to remove ads with legacy reader on then this fken bullshit reader

Lol was wondering why no images were loading. :( Rip legacy reader but thanks for keeping it alive for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread