Legacy reader is officially retired from today.

Legacy reader is officially retired from today.

• Loli Emilia is best

Votes: 1,001 28.0%
  • Emilia is best

Votes: 915 25.6%
  • I'm lame and like Rem

Votes: 1,656 46.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Double-page supporter
Nice the new reader doesnt even combine the pages for manga it leaves like 3mm distance between them .-.
Can some1 pls pls recomend me a new site to read fk this mangadex
Stage 1: Denial
Well after using normal mode for 3 days im sad it sucks i cant even change chapter ffa i need to scoll down at the end of the page just to switch my chapter wtf is this and why is the all page mode so damn laggy...
Stage 2: Anger
Im pretty sure people would prefer this site with shit ton of ads and even paid version to remove ads with legacy reader on then this fken bullshit reader
Stage 3: Bargaining

Dex-chan lover
You nerds need to quit using incognito and long strip mode to read manga.

I refuse to believe that an option to go to the next chapter by clicking the images at any point can't be added.

@MrFakOff didn't you say your gonna leave for a different site 4 days ago? Why are you still here then? I don't think anyone's gonna miss you.

Contributor
Im pretty sure people would prefer this site with shit ton of ads and even paid version to remove ads with legacy reader on then this fken bullshit reader
Not me. I've been around long enough to have used the old reader and I cannot say I particularly miss it.

Group Leader
@realcaze
Wait wat, why was there even people using the legacy reader when the default one is sick
Ikr. Smh.
@MrFakOff
Don't put me on the same boat as yours.
@Sobol14
Honestly, the only thing I was still on Legacy reader is because I like to load everything is one long strip
You can actually set the new reader to long-strip mode. Read this.

@nyaasar
Literally, my only issue with the new reader is a lack of an option to move to the next chapter by clicking the image at any point instead of having to scroll to the very end every time =)

Double-page supporter
lack of an option to move to the next chapter by clicking the image at any point
PC users: don't you have keyboards?
WZG6PvF.png

4eOgqbf.jpg
Mobile users: imagine not using Tachiyomi/Paperback.

@Halo
PC users: don't you have keyboards?

How can you NOT understand that not everyone uses keyboards while reading. If we have mouse clicks and scrolling why do we need keyboards?

Yeah it's always easiest to just tell others what to do or use and NOT solving the actual issue.

Mobile users: imagine not using Tachiyomi/Paperback.

What's there to imagine? We have been reading manga this way forever and because reading it on mobile sucked THAT's why these apps were created.

I understand that it was necessary on your end but it still sucks. I really don't like the sidebar and I would prefer a top view. Simply hiding the sidebar doesn't really fix my issue with the default reader. I also understand that the top view is in development right now. But at the same time you have been planning to get rid of the legacy reader for a long time so why didn't you guys develop a top view before removing legacy? It would have helped people ease into the default much better. At the very least it would have for me.

Double-page supporter
@r0manas
How can you NOT understand that not everyone uses keyboards while reading. If we have mouse clicks and scrolling why do we need keyboards?
Sounds like a personal problem.

Why would you need to go to the next/previous chapter at any point anyway? I really can't fathom why this feature is so desirable, unless you're skipping content on a regular basis.

I have always used the default reader and I don't see any Problems with it. (reading on PC)

MD is safe, for free and not riddled with ads, be grateful the site exists like this.

rip lol

wish there was an option to move the page counter to the side or something
i like being able to tell what page i'm on, but having the thing covering a chunk of the image sucks

@Halo because some titles update bi-monthly or such and you just have to re-read previous one.
Because sometimes you read something while unlogged, can't remember where you left, click a wrong chapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread