Legacy reader is officially retired from today.

Legacy reader is officially retired from today.

• Loli Emilia is best

Votes: 1,001 28.0%
  • Emilia is best

Votes: 915 25.6%
  • I'm lame and like Rem

Votes: 1,656 46.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@Silmoneus https://mangadex.org/settings
Try setting MD@H Port Limit to 443
The reader has no impact on whether the images will load or not, it's accessing the same ones either way. Default just loads faster.

Edit:
@Shin_968 Linked page is irrelevant now, everyone is on MD@H.

Staff
Admin
@Inori

Not right now, but once we move all chapters to md@h, then yes. It is currently the default for old chapters.

The current reader DOES load all images at the start (for old chapters), it just does them in order so that pages don't pop up in weird order like they did on legacy if the page sizes (MB) are all over the place.

@dark3275

I have nfi what you mean from that description, like at all :(

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@Shin_968 A day ago, the link actually worked. And yes, old chapters only loading with MD@H enabled is intentional, because MD@H is now the default and cannot be switched off.

Why am I sent to the recs page after clicking on the last page of the latest chapter? I close the tab 99% of the time after that anyway but it still makes no sense for it to function like that.

Fed-Kun's army
I used to be able to change chapters with the left and right arrow keys at any time, or go to the next chapter by just clicking any page. It was very convenient.
That sounds... really annoying to me tbh. Well, to each of their own.

Group Leader
@Bravedude8
I see, sure, just wanna show Silmoneus the workaround previously mentioned before he/she jumps the ship.

@bigtiddyoneesan
that's what "dark" means lol

@Teasday
I personally find the mobile layout quite splendid with app-like elegence! Great job! And I think some features of it might soothe the pain in the heart of legacy-users:
+ Some most important buttons at the top (and maybe at the bottom too), like: next, previous, cmt,...
+ The sidebar is over images rather than shove images to the left when it's called (like in mobile layout). I think this is one of the reasons some people tsun the sidebar: when the sidebar pops out, the position (and size) of images change quite abruptly and the change is from the opposite direction. This might make people feel that they're somehow losing control (and not everyone is a masochist 🤫), a bit similar to windows 8's startmenu.
Of course these are for when you have time or find them relatively hassle-free to implement. Doumo~

To be fair, I think the most problem people have with the new reader is the UI rather than the engine behind it. Is it completely impossible to customize the new one to look like the old one ??? or keep the old one UI despite running on the new one image base ??? Is there some strange obsession with sidebar despite you can just put the whole options back inside a button like in Legacy ?

I mean I try the new reader before and switch back to legacy simply because the UI was annoying, more feature is definitely better, but I think most of the complain here is because of the design rather so much as the functions.

EDIT: strange, i was using legacy and suddenly it switch to new one just now and i didn't fiddle with any of the setting, mind enable it back for my account ? DId it finally got deleted completely ?

Dex-chan lover
TLXmg5Sl.jpg

Adapt or Die

@BraveDude8

Are you like, really, really sure that everyone who previously had md@h disabled now has it enabled? Me and a friend had it disabled (for a fairly trivial reason honestly) and now that you've taken the toggle away we can't load old chapters no matter what.

Edit: uhhh....making this post fixed it for me, so whatever lol

Neg

Idk about anybody else, but I used Legacy bc the regular reader is just so ugly to look at. It's too busy, iirc, and the images are not centered, which is annoying as hell. Idk why anybody would've bothered to use the thing.

Also, this site's notifs do not work very well; I literally only just saw this just now after looking around other places to try and find an answer- the notifs only showed up when I messed around with my general settings.

Aggregator gang
The reader is significantly more awkward to use now. Is it possible to make a skin for this new one that provides the functionality of the old one?

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
The reader is significantly more awkward to use now. Is it possible to make a skin for this new one that provides the functionality of the old one?

To be honest I thought Legacy and Default were the same thing until I saw a thread where a user was told to stop using legacy since it wasn't receiving more updates. I would like if it was possible to do this, a UI switch for old people users.

@pandascepter
I can't, it's in a foreign language.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread