Less than 10-12 pages tag and social media tag

Dex-chan lover
(I posted this here because for some reason didn't let me post in the main suggestion forum)

There is a specific subset of web comics that are twitter one pagers, which I don't understand why aren't them treated as illustrations because even in the case they have 2 o 3 pages is usually just the same repeated image with minor changes. Most of them are terrible and the laziest thing, the "here are my tits and that's it" kind of shit. And worst of all is they are uploaded by the dozen everyday, it's a continous feed of slob.

One shots can be any number of pages, and some of them are published on Jump+, so just the web comic tag and one shot are not enough. I think there should be a tag for 10-12 or less pages at least. It could be mixed with suggestive and one shot tags to have full control of it and not lose legit good twitter mangas like The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy at All.

A social media tag would also be helpful in similar lines and more concrete to this problem. Treating the same kind of feed from a legit webcomic site and twitter isn't helpful.

Last edited:
Upvote 3
Dex-chan lover
I'd analogize it to the 4-koma tag since the suggestion here seems to be more about the story (?) structure than the actual publication route. I'd suggest 4 pages or less since 10 pages can actually get quite a bit of storytelling done.

Is there a good community term for these one/two/slightly more-pagers?

Group Leader
While I understand the sentiment, these comics are the same format as Garfield or Calvin&Hobbes or Dilbert.
Those are legit publications and quality varies everywhere.

In my opinion it's better to give a tag to "one page per chapter" works, which can be combined with "oneshot" to identify one-page-one-chapter releases.
This tag would include multi-chapter works like Wonder Cat Kyuu-chan but these are identified by the lack of "oneshot" tag.

Dex-chan lover
It certainly would be a boon to be able to have them classified, which could also be used to influence popular sections to better reflect reality, unlike how currently they dominate the popular sections

Dex-chan lover
I'd analogize it to the 4-koma tag since the suggestion here seems to be more about the story (?) structure than the actual publication route. I'd suggest 4 pages or less since 10 pages can actually get quite a bit of storytelling done.

Is there a good community term for these one/two/slightly more-pagers?
While I understand the sentiment, these comics are the same format as Garfield or Calvin&Hobbes or Dilbert.
Those are legit publications and quality varies everywhere.

In my opinion it's better to give a tag to "one page per chapter" works, which can be combined with "oneshot" to identify one-page-one-chapter releases.
This tag would include multi-chapter works like Wonder Cat Kyuu-chan but these are identified by the lack of "oneshot" tag.
That's why I said an option for less than x pages, I said 10 to 12 because that's the normal amount for a manga chapter in a weekly serialization, but probably there's a discussion to where draw the line. I remember there was this manga, Minamoto no Monogatari I think, and every chapter was like 6 pages long. But I don't think one page per chapter is useful because these comics can be some few pages sometimes. And that's why I also mentioned the social media tag too, given there can be serializations with few pages, this tag would give more filtering options.

The idea is to give an additional filter for short content with this and help filtering with other existing tags for this specific case. You can say it would be useful for those people who like that kind of content too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread