Let This Grieving Soul Retire - Woe Is the Weakling Who Leads the Strongest Party - Vol. 8 Ch. 38

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter! I'm glad another capable group picked this up, especially this is getting an anime adaptation as well.

Anyway, Sitri might be able to create her own MLM company and scam people off their clothing without them even knowing it.

Contributor
It’s been a while so I’ve forgotten, and the dialogue is a little unclear at times:
Does it cost mana or concentration to activate the artifacts, or just to charge them?
The story points out that most people only use a couple because it can be draining or difficult to manage, but Cry seems to have dozens just with him now.

Is he actually talented like his party but just in such a low key way that he himself doesn’t see it (basically being immune to the downsides or being a genius at multitasking) or is the only thing stopping other people from doing the same as him money + not having a powerful mage like his sister to charge them?

In my mind it’s like an RPG or D&D where there’s a limit to how many magical items you can attune to and he just doesn’t have that - or he does and that’s why he’s constantly puking but he’s so airheaded that he hasn’t noticed.
Mana to charge and activate, just like you would need electricity to charge and activate your phone. The mana is usually taken from the user, but since Cry has the bare minimum he has to get some else to charge them.

Cry's weak physically and magically, but he has maxed out Charisma and Luck, meaning anything that doesn't immediately go in his favor he can bullshit his way to a positive result.

It’s been a while so I’ve forgotten, and the dialogue is a little unclear at times:
Does it cost mana or concentration to activate the artifacts, or just to charge them?
The story points out that most people only use a couple because it can be draining or difficult to manage, but Cry seems to have dozens just with him now.

Is he actually talented like his party but just in such a low key way that he himself doesn’t see it (basically being immune to the downsides or being a genius at multitasking) or is the only thing stopping other people from doing the same as him money + not having a powerful mage like his sister to charge them?

In my mind it’s like an RPG or D&D where there’s a limit to how many magical items you can attune to and he just doesn’t have that - or he does and that’s why he’s constantly puking but he’s so airheaded that he hasn’t noticed.

Mana to charge and activate, just like you would need electricity to charge and activate your phone. The mana is usually taken from the user, but since Cry has the bare minimum he has to get some else to charge them.

Cry's weak physically and magically, but he has maxed out Charisma and Luck, meaning anything that doesn't immediately go in his favor he can bullshit his way to a positive result.
It is also difficult to learn how to control the artifacts (chapter 5, page 11), with stronger ones being harder to use.

Double-page supporter

It is also difficult to learn how to control the artifacts (chapter 5, page 11), with stronger ones being harder to use.

Thank you for clearing this up for me.

Dex-chan lover
Peak King OPM MC! Except I’m still confused as hell whether he really is useless af or actual 300IQ genius.

Users who are viewing this thread