Level 1 no Saikyou Kenja - Noroi de Saikakyuu Mahou Shika Tsukaenai kedo, Kami no Kanchigai no Mugen no Maryoku o Te ni Ire Saikyou ni - Ch. 7 - The …

Group Leader
Well, I hope this is the first and last time shit like this happens where he constantly assume he's so weak, because that trope gets old really fast and annoying.

Dex-chan lover
Tina should have put it in more concrete terms. "Attack like you did a year ago" would have worked better. And "limit yourself to 100 castings, this target isn't as durable as in the mansion" would be even better.

But ultimately, it was a bad idea to keep the same-looking target and range while sneakily improving their capabilities. Now the MC will have to train a dozen chapters before he learns to scale his strength properly.

@OmniscientOnion That is true but if this follows the method of how how one pours mana into the spell to make it stronger, it would be like disgaea's bill pass rate is 1% then paying 999,999,000 to pass the bill. Would be like mana times 1 int equals spell power.

Group Leader
@Mizuho9000 As much as I love the Disgaea reference, I was railing on the actual intelligence of the MC and not the mechanics of spellcasting..
It's not like he's dumb, he's just a little too conscious of being stuck at level 1.
But it's funny to think his INT is stuck at 1 anyway.

Supporter
@oryangatan the "it's explained in the novel" excuse if it is used to defend the adaptation I agree is a bad argument. However it can also just be an explanation of why it is like this. For example in the Harry Potter movies they spend no time building the relationship between Harry and Jenny so them ending up being married at the end is confusing, but their relationship is built up in the books. Stating that their relationship is explained in the books isn't saying that the movies are fine with not having that build up only that there is information they didn't include when adapting it.

Tldr: it is more of a defense of the original work than of the adaptation.

MC is taking the fact that he nearly killed her due to his own stupidity very lightly. I wonder if the author is going to continue to try to push the misunderstanding his own strength gag after this.

Fed-Kun's army
That was partly Tina's fault because she didn't explain him properly on how absurdly op he is compared to the world's average. And the MC is just plain stupid. He almost killed her and his reaction was a single panel of "eh" but then he went "I'm sorry I'll do anything" for the broken pendant. Wtf

lol not surprising since he has no awareness of how strong he is due to Tina constantly reinforcing the small target in secret.

Rereading this, yeah the elf made a huge mistake in not telling him before he went to this school that she strengthens the target over the years. Why she didn't at least tell him the day before is beyond me.

I understand why he'd think he wasn't THAT strong, but his reaction to almost killing her was so disappointing...

Dex-chan lover
You guys are blaming Tina's stupidity, I'd rather praise her cunning!

She made him promise to sleep with her forever as a result of this incident. That is essentially a proposal!

Hikari Genji Plan Success!

I thought his power would be limited but seeing as he can stack spells I guess he is overpowered as all hell. His health shouldn't change no matter what, he's probably immune to status effects too. Unless there's something that can nullify or bypass his stats he'll probably just end up like the face of Bo seeing as he still ages.

Users who are viewing this thread