Library Sort by Unread

I have a lot of series saved in my library as "Reading". For the life of me, I cannot find an easy way to find when new series are updated. If there was an option to show series in the library that are "unread" meaning the eyeball is not crossed out, that would be very helpful.

Does anyone have a work around for this?

MD@Home
The easy way is bell each manga you want to follow. New update and unread manga would appear in Updates

IMG-20230502-WA0007.jpg

If you have too many manga in library and too lazy to bell them all you can use this script

Custom title
Staff
Developer
With lists of titles such as in the Library, the frontpage, the search etc., adding some kind of an indicator for the title having unread chapters is unfortunately wildly unlikely to happen. Simply put, read marker data is very difficult to work with due to the vast volume of it that we have to deal with.

If you just want to know when new chapters come out, then that's what your Updates feed is for. Or is there some other issue with it?

With lists of titles such as in the Library, the frontpage, the search etc., adding some kind of an indicator for the title having unread chapters is unfortunately wildly unlikely to happen. Simply put, read marker data is very difficult to work with due to the vast volume of it that we have to deal with.

If you just want to know when new chapters come out, then that's what your Updates feed is for. Or is there some other issue with it?
I like the updates feed but the list takes a while to scroll through to find series that you might have missed reading.

I'd like a tab that shows only unread chapters (red circle) and omits series that all chapters have been fully read (green circle), that way say I've not checked updates for a week, I can scroll down a list of only unread chapters and see what series I need to catch up on. Once I've read the chapter, it gets removed from the "unread" list so I don't really need to browse pages of updates.

z3IT2R7.png

MD@Home
I'd like a tab that shows only unread chapters (red circle) and omits series that all chapters have been fully read

If that is what you mean, there is nothing we can do right now because Filter on Follows Updates is planned feature
Filtering in Updates is planned once we do the feeds rework. Before that we won't make it because it will burn too much resources.

You can read some stuff about feeds rework here: https://mangadex.dev/an-api-to-rule-them-all/#future-considerations (technical), it's the last point.

Power Uploader
I like the updates feed but the list takes a while to scroll through to find series that you might have missed reading.

I'd like a tab that shows only unread chapters (red circle) and omits series that all chapters have been fully read (green circle), that way say I've not checked updates for a week, I can scroll down a list of only unread chapters and see what series I need to catch up on. Once I've read the chapter, it gets removed from the "unread" list so I don't really need to browse pages of updates.
Install a browser script extension like Tampermonkey and use https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/440514-mangadex-sanefollows

Users who are viewing this thread