Life in Another World as a Housekeeping Mage - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
Silent film narrators were unique to Japan after the country 1st received silent cinema from the West.
https://aboutjapan.japansociety.org/a_brief_history_of_benshi

@unime I think he means the shackles of responsibility towards Shiori's wellbeing.

He feels guilt/regret towards letting Shiori go off with those nasty adventurers that exploited and betrayed her.

Dex-chan lover
@zz2000
Oohhh! Yeah, that makes sense. I was reading other comments about his feelings and I just didn't get the same vibe although it is possible. But you comment was like a light bulb going off.

Dex-chan lover
Better than I thought, but really don't like the prince at all, the story would be just fine without him.

Dex-chan lover
Tbh "Pelshika" for Peach is less likely than "Persika" (which is an actual word for Peach in Swedish and maybe some other languages as well).

Anyway, thank you for your hard work. :)

Dex-chan lover
I would probably be like Shiori a world like that. Homesick and wanting to return home

Double-page supporter
@Twenty4carats I think it's more that he was "free" to do as he pleased and didn't have to worry about leaving anyone behind should something happen to him. Now that he has family, he has someone to look after(meaning he can't just go anywhere anymore) and should he perish then Shiori will be alone like she was before. Sure, she has friends and a few people she can depend on now, but with the ways things are he is the one she trusts and depends on the most. Iirc, he's the one that ensures that no scumbags come by and try to take advantage of her like the first party she was in did. If he's gone, then there is a high possibility someone will take his position at the guild who might pressure her into forming a party again with people that might or might not hurt her.

...and yes, he might have got brother -zoned. Could go either way. :p

Dex-chan lover
So her story of being abandoned by her first party is a cover hmm, aight.

Aggregator gang
@operatix from what it sounds like in the first chapter, abandoned by her first party happened after being picked up.

Users who are viewing this thread