Life in Another World as a Housekeeping Mage - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Fed-Kun's army
@Tsuki09 @Fui-nee

Certainly, maybe we'll get another perspective on these events later and with more detail, but as a reader the perspectives we've been given so far feel off. Things don't add up at the moment.

It also seems off that there would be more detail that apparently everyone knows (since this chapter says that no one wants to approach her because of the details), but yet the guy explaining the circumstances in this chapter somehow completely avoids those details. Makes me think that the author is going the sugar coated route (e.g. we don't get details), but hasn't adjusted the world around them to account for that. If so, the story might maintain that odd feeling of imbalance for a while longer.

Dex-chan lover
The WN goes further into this event. I didn't read the Novelupdates spoilers. So this is based on the few chapters I've read of the WN.

Shiori is often a temporary member of parties. Her reputation for making things comfortable during quests is well known at this point.

The previous guild master at the time suggested that she permanently join a party, that's Akatsuki. At first, the party worked well, they gained success, and Shiori seemed to be getting closer to the magic swordsman of the party. But when the party starts challenging more difficult jobs, and their success rate started to fall. There's the difference in equipment between Shiori and Akatsuki, her still using old equipment while the others using new ones. A few months after that, the party is outright not even hiding their mistreatment of her. It was clear that she was being exploited and that her appearance looked emaciated. The previous guild master didn't care about Shiori and didn't bother with the complaints about her mistreatment. But Akatsuki couldn't let her go because they've purposely pushed most of the food and supply expenses on her, left her with less rewards while they took more, Shiori is forced to use her savings to pay for the expenses to the point where she's practically broke(since she's trying to pay for a group of adventurers in their prime that eat and drink so much with her meager amounts of money. This leads her to not eating because she can't afford it. The members of Akatsuki basically got away with this because they kept evaluating her contributions as being poor because she isn't contributing during fighting, and the previous guild master was in on it.

Then she got left behind because the Imperial noble who requested their party told them to leave her behind when she collapsed. The party went along with that.

The reason why this is such a big thing for Shiori are these points:
One: She deeply misses Earth, being sent to isekai without a way back means she lost her place.
Two: Her desperately learning the language and writing was a way to try and find a place in her new world. But due to the new world's rules and common sense. She would have a difficult time.
Three: Her being an adventurer was trying to find a way to survive.
Four: Her being in a party would mean perhaps she maybe found her new place in the new world but ends up turning out very badly in the end.

The whole men are fearful for trying to go after Shiori is an assumption based on the details, they think that she and the magic swordsman were lovers. And the men think that it's a bad idea to try and court her only a few months after the supposed after all the abuse and supposedly broken heart. And think that her current state is very fragile and why they treat her like she's glass.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa there. We’re gonna get some kind of sweet resolution eventually, right? I don’t mean the “I forgive you” kind of bull shit, I mean I want all of them to be completely STRIPPED of their possessions, titles, assets, EVERYTHING. Adventurer? BANNED IN EVERY GUILD! House? FORCLOSED! Bank account? TRANSFERRED! Title? DISOWNED! AND for good measure, THROW THEIR FUCKING FACES UP ON A WARNING POSTER! I NEED resolution. I’m the type of person where if you give me a sad backstory, I want it be complete! Even if there are hanging thread, TIE THEM UP OR I WILL BURN THEN TO THEIR ENDS!

Guild master was dismissed? Okay. WHAT ELSE? IS HIS ASS IN FUCKING JAIL OR IS HE SPENDING THE REST OF HIS DAYS IN LUXURY FROM BEING A GUILD MASTER FOR A FEW DECADES??

That party kept failing? Okay, good, they had to relocate? Well don’t hold onto the juicy info. Did they run outta money? Did they disband? Did they have to run back to FUCKING mommy because they couldn’t take care of themselves in the real world well enough WITHOUT TRASHING ON ANOTHER HUMAN BEING??

Edit: Wow. Phew, I need a chill pill.

Dex-chan lover
Omg
Shirley.... Girl D:
Bad circumstances.... Lead her to down grade herself. Oh damn. That's how she got into an abusive relationship? T____T

Many thanks

Aggregator gang
@WholesomeTriangles some people can get awkward when they hear stuff like that, becoming worried they might offend or trigger the victim, I believe that's why he asked alec that. Can he still treat her the same way without the worry and 2nd hand guilt not getting in the way.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translation!

@ReverseShin I am 100% in agreement about everything other than you needing a chill pill. Let's set these bastards on fire.

Users who are viewing this thread