Life in Another World as a Housekeeping Mage

Art is good and everything but I'm kind of getting turned off since nothing is really happening. Not my type so dropping it.

I hope it doesn’ become a harem bogus where the author tries to extend the pages for 124 more chapters, Other than that, magical portable hoursewife is a warm read.

For the people who keep saying that the MC is a "damsel in distress" type, I don't think you actually understand what type of story this is. This isn't a power-fantasy isekai. It's extremely realistic. The MC isn't powerful in the traditional sense, but she's extremely clever. Her knowledge of modern Japan allows her insight on how things can be applied. She also brings over a lot of Japanese culture work ethics (ie workaholic tendency, nonconfrontational attitude, etc.), which contributes to character flaws. She's extremely well-balanced.

As for the dramatic stakes in this story, I don't think it's that kind of story. It seems like a realistic depiction of what adventuring life really would be like: an unglamorous job most of the time with a need for a creative mind to make the road a little easier. And the main question the series seems to be asking so far is "who will take care of the caretaker?" Think about how much energy it takes to take care of other people. If all you do is pour out to others, you eventually have nothing left.

A huge reminder: there are only 5 chapters scanned and translated, so it may also be a slow-starter. It's very hard to tell what kind of story this will turn out to be. Personally, I rather like the slow pace. It gives time to adjust and ease into the story and characters, like getting into a hot tub. If you want a high-stakes power-fantasy, go read SAO instead.

Dex-chan lover
ppl who keep saying the mc is damsel in distress probably read too much isekai underdog mc who kicked from the party and get revenge by obtain powerful cheat skill and get all the girls for his harem while maintaining either his trauma or desire to have 'slow life' farming

Omg can’t a girl get a break???!!?!! I love this story though. Ty for updating and translating!!!!!

usually shoujo manga can't do a fighting scenes smoothly. but this one is good.

for ending of chapter 4 are those the female members of that former team. It’s 5am so I’m tired and I can’t remember if that’s them

Dex-chan lover
so?, no other translation group will come up with this?, ugh do i need to look for some of those other aggregators?

Fed-Kun's army
All i see is another "Villainess" manga, but with heroine as MC, and outside of castle format.
Adventurers settings feel out of place, and story feels boring.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread