Like Wind on a Dry Branch - Ch. 7 - Axias's Consecration (5)

Oh my, it feels nice to see a believable storyline who truly supports the MC's relevance in the storyline, I feel like I can truly respect and admire her for several reasons. Anyway, attacking or weakening his land is always good for the royal family, and the church/temple will get more money if they're attacked by the plague as well, so it makes sense for our ML to be so wary.

The fact that both (the main couple) are righteous, smart, and gorgeous helps to enjoy the story a lot as well, haha, idk for how long the sexual tension is going to be in the air.

Tysm for the chapter. <3

Group Leader
wow, I am so into this! I'm loving the angst but also the general attitudes of the women in the east mansion. it's so refreshing to see a series where you don't see women plotting against each other for a man. I'm intrigued at the subtle hints that fl is a lot more powerful and valuable than she believes herself to be.

this really gives me under the oak tree vibes. I'm excited for a good healing story that isn't a baby manhwa 🤣

idk why the plague there reminds me of the pandemic here like there must be something wicked behind this situation lol

Tysm for the translation!
@Crush8431 I agree!! But why did she say she could now do the 100 days of mourning for her daughter (Adele) ???!!! It wasn't confirmed that she was dead!! I was hoping she would ask for a favor to search for her daughter. I mean, that's why she sold herself to that dude who died, right?

@where_am_I you bring up a rather good point! I am hoping there is this other side to her the author is not revealing yet and maybe in the background she is setting up how to find her daughter? But my guess is as good as anyone else’s at this point of where this daughter storyline is going 🤨 and it’s such an important one too!!! 😰

@Where_am_I
It wasn't confirmed that she was dead according to Renold. Maybe she knows something Renold didn't or maybe she gave up and thinks she is dead.
The best case scenario would be that she is looking for her.
Also, that young girl in the east house in the harem is blonde, I am probably overthinking that she is her daughter, but she is young and blonde so idk.
Also, do we know how much time passed since her daughter was sold? Probably a month or so if we estimate the plague starting in April, killing the mc's husband (apparently) and having her daughter sold and then blackmailed.
It is probably May in the story right now.
Just my thoughts here, so I could be wrong.

Im also wondering why she isn't looking for her daughter- but to add some real world logic.
Amber alerts in the US go out as soon as possible, why ? because typical speaking if a child goes missing if they aren't found in the next 24 hours they are fully gone or dead.
Searching for a missing child is difficult as well [especial a 3 year old] they are in the early stages of development, what ever happens to them will effect them drastically and of course in this stage of development children will look very different in a few months/years. Not that she shouldn't try but even in the modern world of cameras, tv and internet it still hard to find a missing child. I do hope she is looking for her baby girl though. I feel like Authors just add tones of trauma on female characters for fun and forget about it.

I think she does not want to add any more debt by asking for help to find her child. It's not easy to trace a missing person, especially one sold at the slave market, which is perhaps is illegal as well.

I'd agree that it's definitely distracting that she does not mention about her daughter even a bit. Like how?

@Nephelaex Yeah, I thought that was the first thing she'd do when she was given her own house and settled in. Actually I assumed that's why she looked like she was dead inside in the beginning. 😐

"Adele's 100 days ritual" is that her daughter? if she's deceased that explains why rieta didn't bring up anything about looking for her

Users who are viewing this thread