Live Dungeon! - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Welcome to the Dungeon!

Supporter
@ZeroWWE

No, he said it's frequently dropped by Lvl 91 monster, and since he is only Lvl 1, he will need money to start leveling and buying equipment. It's good to have a mighty staff, but as a healer, to go naked in a dungeon with unreliable teammate...

Didn't he already kill the dragon before he went into the game? If the point of the author making him lvl 1 and have him sell his OP staff is to have him just start over with nothing than why doesn't he just start with nothing and not have all this dumb shit happen to him? Also he controlled 4 other accounts, did the author plan on using those? I mean it kinda seems like a wasted opportunity. Definitely worth dropping.

And dropped for the stupid MC. "I don't know if this is another world, or a dream, but after getting killed by the final boss dragon, I am going to sell my op staff." I am fine with dense MCs, or a little stupid MCs, but when they do something so stupid like this, I just can't.

@Tesla Okay, I will give you that, but with that staff, he could get with a party and be really helpful and get money and xp that way. There are others ways to make money than weakening yourself to get some gold.

Can't wait to see more. I love those cliche isekai mangas... Anyone has any "fresh" isekais or game themed mangas that are not tagged with the isekai tag (coz I've read them all)?

@Tesla Except for you can clearly see the whole guild cheer for people on floor 40 like some short of celebrity, so floor 9 will be lifetime away. And as a healer/spellcaster, a staff is all you need to function, armor and potion is optional.

Selling the staff is smarter then keeping it. He clearly doesn't have anything. No money for food,clothing, and housing. You know... the essentials for life. If he keeps the staff he literally has nothing, and i really doubt he can kill even a floor 1 monster as a healer when he was a shut in before coming to that world.

Dex-chan lover
yeah having endgear so early might sound great, but thats only in a game, in that world he could get killed for the staff, also he legit has no money or other possessions, a healer can do dmg in high lvls with shit like Holy, but thats in a higher lvl, at lvl 1 u need all kinds of shit

exactly @debachi

exactly @Hollow7F

exactly @Tesla

''ill just take this op healing staff and go in the dungeon with zero equipment and zero armor and zero money and just kill monsters''
yeah good idea👻

Fed-Kun's army
While selling the staff was probably the smartest thing to do in that situation, I wouldn’t be surprised if that action comes back to bite him later. How will that transdimensional diety feel about ditching that gift so soon?

Group Leader
No self respecting gamer would sell their last remaining twink item. And it's not even your average item, it's end-game, massively better than dozens of full set mid level equipment. Because it couldn't be properly evaluated, he got royaly jacked.

Dex-chan lover
Is asking for a job in the guild staff as a non combatant illegal? Impossible? Unthinkable? Because he could do that. He can even make a contract telling that he would lend the staff to level the guild's appraisers for a fee. (This one solves the safeguarding issue). He can ask for a job as an in guild healer and pay his equipment. There are literally many ways for him to get money without selling it.

@GrimGriefer , the priorities in real life and in games are different. Didn't you notice a bunch of different ways a person could be killed in the dungeon. Having said that, not selling a staff, which he knows how to get, which is not a unique item, considering the situation that he was in would have been a monumentally stupid behaviour.

@imAnoob, you forget to mention having no supplies at all, ie no food or drinks. Selling the staff would allow him to equip himself properly and give him breathing room so he can observe the differences from the game that he knows and also find trustworthy party members.

@OgretailFood, the game was shutting down in a month. Most of the players have already left it. Because of his past experiences he might also have some trust issues, and did you know that it used to be the standard for a player to control a party by themselves.

Novelupdates webnovel link:
https://www.novelupdates.com/series/live-dungeon/

Webnovel raw link:
https://ncode.syosetu.com/n6970df/

It also better explains why he sold the staff.

Double-page supporter
@Ixiaz XIV, I met a tutor-crowned Scholar in a dungeon who was DPSing with book bonks with the tank fairy out, the Red Mage did a far better job at healing than the bookbonker. Needless to say, the commendations went to the RDM.

@MRPANDOPOOL , chapter four webnovel explains the requirement for a guild staff which among other things,
they must have passed the fortieth level of the dungeon, a written exam and also a practical one to test their skills

Double-page supporter
Maybe it's my lack of speed, but both the story flow and translation are feeling off. In particular at the end when he talks about mercenaries and how he's been hearing about the killing of unlicensed people it didn't make a lot of sense how or when he heard such a thing.

Users who are viewing this thread