Long Live the King

Description seems good, little lost starting at chapter 2. Looking forward to next chapter

Double-page supporter
Is this the manhua based on the webnovel of the same name? I hope it is cuz I love that novel so much

You can also find chapter 1 if you search for "Long live the king". This seems to have two entries in the DB for some reason.

Hahaha never know there's a manhua adaptation of this Diablo II x Football Leagues novel exist.
Way to go, Wordrain!

So far 6 chapters in and it just feels really lackluster, definitely not a main character I can get behind.

Dex-chan lover
The webnovel is a glorified powertrip fanfiction of diablo 2 ( and a few nods to other stuff like saint seiya too )
Set in a isekai with a pretty classic cultivation world setting where the strong dominate the weak.
And with just that you should be able to tell if you want to read it or not, but if you DO like that sort of thing and have even a little bit of interest in this manga, go read the original webnovel.
Its so much better then this....

Off all the artistic liberties they could have taken, All the changes you can make when making a web novel into a manga.
They only mostly changed stuff that resulted in makeing it worse for everyone who have read the original and likely everyone else who isn't a super edgy and honery teenager.

(Mostly from gender bending a lot of important male characters into hypersexualised women but also from alot of general aesthetic designs changes that do not look like the original source at all )
Akara and Gheed from diablo 2 being a great example of this as they are now a nun and a loli respectively, Instead of a mystic/fortune teller type of character and a greedy but friendly merchant.
TwkD81I.jpg

Im honestly abit disapoimted off how this manga turned out, It was never going to be a 10, but they took a 4-6 star webnovel and made it into a 3.5 at best.
But hey, At least the translator notes are intresting and the translation is done well. 😘
To some extent i guess i'm impressed with how they failed to meet my expectations for the manga considering how low they were to begin with....
Im still going to read it just to find out how much they changed and to see the story i know and love take a different spin and look at the pretty pictures like the isekai trashlord i am.
But i would never in the 7 burning hells buy this if they ever tried to sell it ( witch they likely won't be able to because of copyrights on diablo 2 )
3/10 i have read better fanfiction then this, Like the original.👺

This was after 9 chapters.

Power Uploader
oohh..good review.
it's how i feel exactly! minus the novel part. frankly i feel the novel mc is a tad bit bland,
and most of the supporting characters kinda fill the world. Cant say i like the jokey/ comedy route
they are going here, then mid chapter switched style into some yandere goth battlefield mode.
its all over the place, but they are good qualities too. I feel like thru the manhua, there are much
things are told a tad bit more accurately regarding the diablo lore, the interaction so far are somewhat
relatable more or less.

Users who are viewing this thread