Looks like Kissmanga might be done

It's 10:28 am here in the UK. Was on Kissmanga last night and there was nothing to say this was happening. Then when I'd went on this morning, got this...
All files are taken down by copyright owners. The site will be closed forever. Thank you for your supports.
Funny how you still had to go through "I am not a robot" page to get to this.
Kissmanga was always my main choice for manga. Now looks like mangadex is going to be it.

Contributor
knockknock.jpg

@pip3

I feel ya, been going around trying to explain that the shut down is because of there server and not the New Japan copyright law shit.

Really that's good to know but I am kinda confused will the Japan copyright law affect other countries, is this the beginning of the end of online manga I hope not because I buy volumes when available just the official translations are really behind In most series

@Ashleyneal

yeah. I have been trying to support the author as best as I can I've been through the panic 2 months ago and after tried and gain information. I have to conclude that as long as the need isn't provided enough then piracy is a must.

Contributor
Wow, I just found out myself. If they are truly gone forever, then there will be a balancing act on what happens. Bots getting stuff will obviously drop, but then you have all the people coming here from the KissManga sites building it back up. Won't be surprised if we start having major lag spikes again like before when the Convid stuff really started getting into swing.

Added: As a note, I just looked around, and the .org version of KissManga is still running. Also, for everones amusement, there is an aggregate site using Mangastream's name under a .cc address. LOL

A friend told me Kissanime.pro is working fine but I've never used it. It looks not that different so that's what I'm going with for now.
Also, to get your bookmarks they posted a trick to their discord server

https://www.reddit.com/r/KissAnime/comments/iadnxx/guide_how_to_recover_your_bookmarks/

Mangadex better make backup of all files so if any thing happens make mangadex to mangatorret XD🙃🙃

man i will start bookmarking the scantrans sites XD since its much better to have mal sync but hope nothing happens to that site

Problem of kissmanga was it detects my ad-blocker and my VPN. You could only read in kissmanga if you turn off VPN and ad-blocker.

And for the people who wants a backup website. I visit mangapark.net because I can use my VPN and ad-blocker. Only problem is sometimes it will ask you to complete a Captcha but it's a small price to pay for my privacy.

Contributor
Kissmanga hasn't quite disappeared yet, unless someone unaffiliated with them stole their name. There is at least one Kissmanga site (.org) still running.

Dex-chan lover
@ Holo (not actually @'ing bc i dont wanna get banned)
You're fake! We all know that kronix was the real original dev and you all staged a coup d'etat!

Users who are viewing this thread