Loop 7-kai me no Akuyaku Reijou wa, Moto Tekikoku de Jiyuu Kimamana Hanayome (Hitojichi) Seikatsu wo Mankitsu Suru - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - I Won't Be Able t…

@Mizumachi

Something bad happened to him and he decides to start World War 1 so he can take out his feelings? That's not a small problem that's clear signs of a sociopath. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean that isn't a part of his personality. You know how you learn more about people as time goes on? Well our MC got a free preview which is more than most people get. Secondly is his bipolar attitude that he only shows to her, with nobody watching meaning he isn't pretending for anyone. Bottom line these characters are made for a female audience to evoke a feeling of "taming the beast" and "he's only nice to me" that a lot of women have fetishes on. It's the bad boy syndrome.

@Antaury
Well, I don't know, you may be right, but for now, the guy doesn't seem as bad as the ml from Abandoned Empress.
Also, maybe I missed it or simply forgot, but I haven't seen him being mean to absolutely every other person.
I will just wait for more chapters to drop before judging him.
Also, are you saying his war crusade is just to release his pent up feelings? Well, hopefully, that is not it.

@Mizumachi

Well we still don't know his full story or the reasons for his war ofc, i'm just saying regardless of what kind of sympathy the author tries to invoke regarding his history he'll still be an asshole. These villainess manga have become popular lately replacing isekais as the newest fad and while i enjoy most of them i'm tired of the first trope of Villaines mangas and LN's which is beautiful bad boys.

@Antaury

While Arnold is definitely the classic "bad boy" (the cold manipulative one in this case), I'm not sure he's a true sociopath. We've already seen that he does care about people around him when Rishe was treating his wounded soldiers, however he is very guarded in expressing those feelings.

Mild WN Spoilers:
Arnold later confesses to Rishe that he hates war, that the day he first had to kill someone was the worst day of his life, and when Rishe admiring calls his swordsmanship "beautiful" he admonishes her that something intended only for killing should not be described that way. We see it for the first time in this chapter when Rishe is talking about her longing to visit the Empire, but he also has some serious self-loathing over his country's militarism and his role as his father's son in furthering it. He even explodes at Rishe once when he feels she's viewing him as too much of a good guy, attempting to physically threaten her and telling her that if she'd seen him on the battlefield she wouldn't trust him so much (it doesn't work because Rishe has seen him on the battlefield so she calls his bluff).

So he is an asshole, but it seems he's acting as one more out of duty to his role as crown prince and warlord of a militaristic empire. It still doesn't explain why he starts a world war, but then that's the central mystery of the story so I guess we'll find out eventually.

@EffigyX

That's fair, at least on the "Bad boy with heart of gold, trust me you just have to crack my thorny outside to taste the honey of my heart scale" he's a 5/10.

Double-page supporter
Can't wait to see when they realize she's their master. Both meanings of the word, their employer and an expert in their trade.

Users who are viewing this thread