Lout of Count's Family

@eng1 idk man still think it's a bit much to try to represent a couple hundred million people in an opinion.

As you say it's rare means it's still in your language, so what's the problem?

Korean language has no R or L. Phonetically it's somewhere in the middle and depending where you come from in the world it'll sound more like one or the other.

Again, just because you find it hard to read and you're a native english speaker, still probably just means you find it hard to read, period.

Dex-chan lover
@cerenium it being rare means its harder for people to pronounce properly. Even more so since even if they do pronounce it, they will pronounce it as rayon. Is there any particular reason to use raon other than that is what google translate puts it as (despite google translate pronouncing it rayon too)

And it gets even more anoying when roan is used alongside raon.

So why not choose a more precise word that matches the real pronounciation? We have seen similar issues before like bookworm where MC was called Maine, but most people pronounced it as mayn. So when official subs came out they changed her name to Myne to better reflect common dialect.

Roun would be better as it reads like the word Round. Or jus go with rowun if you dont want any cofusion

@Athedite

What's their Twitter? It's such a shame though, ngl.. hope that it's still going to be translated, I'm reading the webnovel rn but the art is too gorgeous

rather than a butler bringing tea, he looks more like a thief ready to commit murder

AHHHH FINALLY! Cale looks so handsome 😭
Lol the only thing that shocked me is that I imagined Ron and Beacrox with orange hair (don’t know why tho) and it’s kinda strange to see them with black and white hair

On this: https://twitter.com/nene_cierra/status/1300619418204946432

A lot of Korean authors are like this so it's no surprise.

I think people should have rights over their work, but one day, there will be authors who forbid their english works be translated into Korean or shared to Korea instead of happily going "ok" like they often do.

Double-page supporter
So it's the Korean plagiarization version of "My Death Flags Show No Sign of Ending"?

@forget_it
They're being retarded.
If you read a translated version it's because you don't know the original language and wouldn't pay for it in a foreign language any way.

They want to release an official English version later? Well I wouldn't even know their manhwa exists without having read the fan translation first. How would I find out about some random manhwa I've never heard of getting an English translation?

Also if the studies on video game piracy are applicable here, people reading their stuff for free doesn't cause them to lose customers. But with that kind of attitude, I wouldn't support the manhwa creators either way, just like I wouldn't pay for a game made by devs I dislike.

@Degernase

You sum it up well. That's basically everything. The truth is that this kind of thing is good. It actually helps you build a fan base overseas and it's good evidence that your book will sell well. Authors can leverage this if they are willing.

If your publishing company connects with your overseas fans, continues to court their support, then bundles up your books for abroad, then it can open a lot of doors for the author. Just being able to say "my books are sold internationally" will increase your profile both within your country and abroad. If the author writes other books, then the finished ones can be sold as "written by the author of Count Family's Trash" and if you continue to do well, your name might become a brand on its own.

Instead of pay as you go, give them the market price for a book of your book length and sell it. The western traditional publishing market doesn't have this kind of premise (though it's popular amongst webnovels), so a lot of people will find it novel and new and will want to read it. This can open up the market (like how Hunger Games led to higher volumes of sales for Battle Royale). A high amount of english readers reading translations of your stories means it may have broader international appeal and is worth looking into.

It's not as if the majority of translators wouldn't close shop and link the actual books if it was available in english. They would.

But as one Korean said on that twitter thread "some works made by Koreans only for Koreans". So this might all get shut down and people will forget the name.

Double-page supporter
@forget_it
But as one Korean said on that twitter thread "some works made by Koreans only for Koreans". So this might all get shut down and people will forget the name.
Haha goddamn, that's a crazy to take attitude. There are actually people that want to gatekeep westerners from reading their country's precious picture novels?

If there's something I enjoy, I want the most possible amount of people to partake in that.
Because 1, it means more support for a creator that I'm happy exists and 2, that support will potentially lead to more quality content of the same caliber.

EDIT: Or even just being happy that someone appreciates the same thing you do.

The lack of “please do not repost this on social media, especially Instagram” on the first page of every chapter makes people think they can go ham huh 🤨

You know what is funny those who are "exposing", are the ones who follow and read illegal too I don't get it, they're morality of being heroes by exposing them. 🤔

I am honestly shocked as to how some people would just throw translators under the bus. I'm juts saying, the people who 'expose' translators are clearly people who have read said translations. And about what @forget_it said about someone on that thread saying 'some stuff is made by koreans for koreans' they are really just screwing themselves. sorry, but should american authors say any book that is written in america is only for americans they loose a TON of customers. Also, translators don't make any money so the authors shouldn't flip their lid so much. The authors would probably make more money than less because I know that for myself once I read something I would by the raws so i could have them. Normally I wouldn't know that this manwha existed if it weren't on mangadex

Users who are viewing this thread