Love Agency - Vol. 3 Ch. 26 - Ketogenic

Dex-chan lover
Guys, ofcourse she is a walking talking red flag parade at this point but its pretty obvious that Aka making her as repulsive as possible on purpose. Her situtation at home is highly toxic and she is a victim of parental abuse. She needs help but not from a matchmaking agency thats for sure which in itself is already a pretty shady practice to begin with. Saki's obsession with her is due to his chronic saviour complex as well so that is his one major flaw. It will probably escalate when he learns the situtation at her home.
Wait, when they did tell about her past? I don't remember to be honest

Dex-chan lover
To be honest, I just feel kind of meh to her because they don't give any good reason to her behavior
They did though? Aka showed her home and her psychopath mother who is the obvious reason of her behaviour. I would like to suggest a quick reread for those who missed it entirely. Anyone would be fucked in the head with a home environment like that. Specially a naive girl like her.

Dex-chan lover
I find no issue with her. You guys are just unnecessarily hating on points that you'd be fine with on any other character at this point. Obviously she has her flaws, but that doesn't make her annoying.

I'm saying this as the translator, so I spent quite a bit of time with her lines and character, still not annoyed of her.
Personally I don't particularly hate her, but I acknowledge that the way she's currently been written is far less sympathetic than the other 3. Objectively the female half of the quartet has been given less personal growth and development(or change)at this stage, and in Mari's case a much more entrenched and self-centered mindset. In contrast to Seki, who's "doing all he can" and doggedly focusing on winning Mari, and Pon, who goes Rocky training montage, they're a bit more stagnant. Kon has decidedly shown some depth, if not "progress", but Mari has only had her "issues" highlighted for the most part. There's probably some projection for how quickly she "wrote off" Seki and decided to find someone else, that can certainly give some folks a negative opinion, which is fine.

All in all, I think it's far too early to write her off, and still currently easy to make her sympathetic, if that's what Aka chooses to do. 🤷‍♂️

Edit: Oh, and nice work.

Dex-chan lover
Wait, when they did tell about her past? I don't remember to be honest
They have aluded to it. her parents split up because her mom cheated on her dad. But for some reason she doesn't trust men because of it? I think it's, because she's staying with her mom, that her mom frames it as her being seduced by some guy and broke up the marriage and that's why men can't be trusted.

Dex-chan lover
I get all of the examples, but none of those are things I find insufferable really. She's damaged, and she has a lot of annoying qualities about her, but it's not like she hasn't made any progress. She thought Seki was scary before, and now she comes up to talk to him.

I feel like y'all just decided to hate her and are ignoring that she is changing for the better, it's just a really slow process.
You personally don't find that insufferable, doesn't mean she actually isn't

And nah, she's still judging him when he doesn't deserve that, that's not an improvement

Dex-chan lover
They did though? Aka showed her home and her psychopath mother who is the obvious reason of her behaviour. I would like to suggest a quick reread for those who missed it entirely. Anyone would be fucked in the head with a home environment like that. Specially a naive girl like her.
what chapter?

Dex-chan lover
North Pole ? not South Pole?
Pretty sure. There is no Penguin on North Pole
Yep. No penguins, no mountains, just icefloes and these days occasionally open water. So I guess that's why she's waiting alone.

Edit: Spoiler after reading the next chapter - They did look off for being penguins, and now I'm pretty sure they're probably more like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_puffin

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread