LOVE-BULLET - Vol. 1 Ch. 0 - A Cupid's Solution to a Love Triangle

Group Leader
Yeah I know what they said about compatibility (edit: it was mentioned in later chapters so I didn't know at Ch0). It is just their convenient way to say that everything we do is fine even if we mess up. Apart from that, their stray bullets do not necessarily hit 2 people at once, leading to unrequisited love, if it ever becomes mutual. I mean, the love triangle happened in the first place because some cupids messed up and somebody else has to clean up the results.

Besides, I am not expecting the cupids to be top researchers about love (which they should be, at least in the story settings, since you know, it is their job), but would you just do anybody off the streets just because there is a "base compatibility"? Because that's what happens when they shoot randomly. Your example of doctors and nurses don't even come close because the cupids are just like toddlers shooting water guns in the pool, only that they kinda don't give a fuck about who they end up shooting because of that mechanic (except if it is their target, you know, because all other people don't matter for some reason. And before you say it is to prevent to from just shooting up a bunch of randoms and see what sticks, that is what they do unintentionally when having the gun fights).

As for the story, I got to ch3 only and I gotta say that kinda development ain't for me. I know there is an audience out there, but I personally prefer lighter stuff. Thanks for the heads up tho, and don't take my comment the wrong way, I just like to analyze stories.
I would encourage you to not rush making such black and white judgments of the story, but it seems like the premise itself relating to Cupids just doesn't sit well with you. The universe that the author has created is one where "humans cannot fall in love without the intervention of Cupids". We see that love can be a chaotic and random thing because while Cupids have incentive to do their job "correctly" by finding someone compatible for their Target and successfully getting them to fall in love, each Cupid will have their own opinion on what is considered enough research to justify shooting someone. It's the same as people who are employed in their every day jobs, some will phone it in and do just what's required on paper while others will go above and beyond.

The "random" shots that happen to work on passerbys in Chapter 0 are also nothing bizzare in real life, a man falls in love at first sight and a divorcing couple has second thoughts on splitting up. You mention that they're shooting willy nilly, but the only character that's been shown to be shooting with complete disregard to the humans is Chiyo, and the other Cupids point out that her brashness is a problem. Much of your gripes seem to be extrapolating her character traits and attaching them to the other Cupids, which isn't actually what's happening in the story. Our protagonist is probably the most over-qualified teenager to be a Cupid morally and empathy-wise, and the other two mentors besides Chiyo are shown not to be shooting blindly and even call out Chiyo's behavior. Just because the author portrays a character who has questionable morals doesn't mean they're endorsing their actions, too. Especially in the case of Chiyo, who's the closest thing to an antagonist post-Chapter 0 and clearly has room for character growth.

It does seem like you're jumping to a lot of conclusions about the story based on quick readings of the characters and setting (the compatibility bit was mentioned in Chapter 0). Even the fight to decide between the two childhood friends in Chapter 0 was shown as a last resort after it's implied that the Cupids had been following the trio around for a while to gather information (seen in how Chiyo knew about Aoi's grades being lower than Daito's and Koharu had a good idea of Aoi and Daito's personality traits). Koharu's final decision to try pairing up Hina with the cashier is also explained to have been a risk and a solution to a love triangle where there's no perfect answer (and is there ever a perfect answer when it comes to love?). There's a lot of nuance even in Chapter 0 which is much less serious than the rest of Volume 1, and I encourage you to look for that rather than painting the characters and setting with black and white statements.

I understand if the premise itself just doesn't fit your tastes, as the Cupids' job is not "to make people fall in love with the best possible person for them" but simply "to make people fall in love". If that distinction is already a big problem for you, then this story indeed may not be for you.

Last edited:
I would encourage you to not rush making such black and white judgments of the story, but it seems like the premise itself relating to Cupids just doesn't sit well with you. The universe that the author has created is one where "humans cannot fall in love without the intervention of Cupids". We see that love can be a chaotic and random thing because while Cupids have incentive to do their job "correctly" by finding someone compatible for their Target and successfully getting them to fall in love, each Cupid will have their own opinion on what is considered enough research to justify shooting someone. It's the same as people who are employed in their every day jobs, some will phone it in and do just what's required on paper while others will go above and beyond.

The "random" shots that happen to work on passerbys in Chapter 0 are also nothing bizzare in real life, a man falls in love at first sight and a divorcing couple has second thoughts on splitting up. You mention that they're shooting willy nilly, but the only character that's been shown to be shooting with complete disregard to the humans is Chiyo, and the other Cupids point out that her brashness is a problem. Much of your gripes seem to be extrapolating her character traits and attaching them to the other Cupids, which isn't actually what's happening in the story. Our protagonist is probably the most over-qualified teenager to be a Cupid morally and empathy-wise, and the other two mentors besides Chiyo are shown not to be shooting blindly and even call out Chiyo's behavior. Just because the author portrays a character who has questionable morals doesn't mean they're endorsing their actions, too. Especially in the case of Chiyo, who's the closest thing to an antagonist post-Chapter 0 and clearly has room for character growth.

It does seem like you're jumping to a lot of conclusions about the story based on quick readings of the characters and setting (the compatibility bit was mentioned in Chapter 0). Even the fight to decide between the two childhood friends in Chapter 0 was shown as a last resort after it's implied that the Cupids had been following the trio around for a while to gather information (seen in how Chiyo knew about Aoi's grades being lower than Daito's and Koharu had a good idea of Aoi and Daito's personality traits). Koharu's final decision to try pairing up Hina with the cashier is also explained to have been a risk and a solution to a love triangle where there's no perfect answer (and is there ever a perfect answer when it comes to love?). There's a lot of nuance even in Chapter 0 which is much less serious than the rest of Volume 1, and I encourage you to look for that rather than painting the characters and setting with black and white statements.

I understand if the premise itself just doesn't fit your tastes, as the Cupids' job is not "to make people fall in love with the best possible person for them" but simply "to make people fall in love". If that distinction is already a big problem for you, then this story indeed may not be for you.
Nah bro you are reading into the lines too much. I don't even think the author thought of all the nuances you point out. Just one thing tho since I understand you are very involved with the story. I don't jump to conclusions quickly, I reach conclusions with the information I have on hand.

Double-page supporter
Cute ✔
Wholesome ✔
Badass fight ✔
Funny ✔

This manga is really great ! Thank you mmrkz/Murokomaki for making me discover this manga !!

Dex-chan lover
so good
and also congrats to the author for not letting this manga be axed!!! crazy developments

Users who are viewing this thread