Love Bullet - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Cupid vs. Cupid (Part Two)

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter... so going off the lore we have so far which is based on the 4 cupid squad we saw in the prologue romance is determined and resolved via the quasi ghosts of high school age girls at least that's what I'm going with at 5 chapters in until the author reveals more info.... I'm surprised the amount of couples in the world haven't plummeted especially considering that on the job combat amongst coworkers is allowed and creates and extremely competitive work environment.

Dex-chan lover
Hope you all enjoyed the chapter!

Just to note, if anyone was thinking the length of Kanna's emotional investment in Koharu's wellbeing at the end of the chapter was a bit odd, there's a running theory that
Kanna knew Koharu back when Koharu was still human. There's a classmate in Chapter 1 that looks a lot like Kanna, and the theory is that she was "undercover" there and the Cupid responsible for the explosion that brought Asaka and Hiroshi together. We haven't seen what undercover Cupids who have hidden their wings look like from a human POV, but it's very possible they look like "normal" humans without the white hair and red eyes.

Looking forward to reading everyone's thoughts on the chapter!
I thought the same thing glad you also noticed!

Dex-chan lover
As far as we know, in this story, Cupids are the only way for humans to fall in love. So it's not as much brainwashing as it is just the way love works in-universe, and people have no clue that love is so chaotic because it's being decided by an everlasting army of dead humans who've never experienced love themselves.
If this is true, who the fuck decided to make like 90% of Aki's classmates fall in love with her but not give her anyone to love back :aquadrink:

Dex-chan lover
Everyone is so fucking crazy I'm expecting this to have been a Sal Jiang story idea at some point! XD

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter!!!!

honestly while I'm still super sad Aki/Koharu won't ever be a thing, and also who the fuck choose to assign her for this mission??? But I'm also a bit glad that once they finish this mission, they both will move on.

Also ngl Kanna being the lazy one, but willing to do better so as to be a good mentor/role model for Koharu is just so moving??? Kanna/Koharu is my new ship now XD

Dex-chan lover

Just to note, if anyone was thinking the length of Kanna's emotional investment in Koharu's wellbeing at the end of the chapter was a bit odd, there's a running theory that
Kanna knew Koharu back when Koharu was still human. There's a classmate in Chapter 1 that looks a lot like Kanna, and the theory is that she was "undercover" there and the Cupid responsible for the explosion that brought Asaka and Hiroshi together. We haven't seen what undercover Cupids who have hidden their wings look like from a human POV, but it's very possible they look like "normal" humans without the white hair and red eyes.

Yooo they do look similar, both got the flick of hair in the middle, hair on the left that goes out and then back in, hair on the right that swooshes outward, some hair hanging down on both sides, and a single braid for the rest. I like this theory, and if its true then its more likely that she might decide to shoot Aki/Koharu together, I hope.

Dex-chan lover
I think they established in chapter that there needs to be some baseline compatibility/chemistry for it to work? So idk if it'd work on turning someone fully 'straight' into someone bi/gay

Tho with the love grenades making them feel bitter/jealous, i wonder if the angels could fall in love if they just 'faked it' or just flirted/acted lovey dovey to each other

Or a grenade opening in a crowd of humans rather than a single bullet, eyecontact aside, if it'd work with turning into some kinda polyamory thing (tho i imagine it's not rly a 'thing'/widely accepted in japan considering how 'traditional' they are)
But still, just Imagine waking up after you died right before getting together with the person you love, only to hear “Make the person you love, fall in love with someone else”… I would personally just not do this job and just sit in a corner until something happens🤣

Dex-chan lover
As far as we know, in this story, Cupids are the only way for humans to fall in love. So it's not as much brainwashing as it is just the way love works in-universe, and people have no clue that love is so chaotic because it's being decided by an everlasting army of dead humans who've never experienced love themselves.
Hmm, didnt catch the fact that it was the only way to fall in love… still doesnt change the fact that this has to be the worst job in the world🤣

Dex-chan lover

Makes sense, the timed explosive was a solid sign she was the one responsible out of the cupids we knew so far, and her human character's the only one aside from Aki to not be surprised by the two in the courtyard pairing up. I wondered if Kanna was just following Koharu around and copying her answers. That kind of got validated this chapter when Chiyo called her lazy lol. Girl had to do her own research after Koharu went off and became a tragic hero.

Users who are viewing this thread