Love Quest for a Servant Girl - Vol. 2 Ch. 36

Ok, I want to believe that the doctor(? said that to the king about sending Nina to him because of research and he got used to be with her like a little sister or a daughther.

also I can see a little change in Ricardo's style, he looks better than in the first season.

Please... Please don’t be a romance set up! Familial and platonic love are beautiful too, and romance in this situation isn’t beautiful; it’s just kinda creepy.

Honestly it’ s not the age gap that concerns me (just 4 years isn’t much) what weirds me out is that they refer to and consider her a child which means if they are romantically interested in her they are interested in a girl they consider to be a child (so don’t pull that but in olden days 15 was almost an adult crap)

Ah, I think the doctor was asking him to send her to him instead of her being killed or whatever, so I don’t see then seeing her in a romantic light. Thanks for translating!

Hoping that Nina ends up with the Grand Duke. I just think that they balance each other out nicely. What I think the doctor means is that he'll take Nina under his wing instead of the King (?)

Translate notes preaching the truth again. Idk why the author thinks it’s fine to code all these adult men as having romantic feelings for her. I’d feel better if they acted like she was a little sister or daughter even but they DON’T and that silence makes me very uncomfortable... like... imma be mad if I got this invested and it was a lollicon all the time.

the concept of nina's consent and free will throughout this whole manwha: baby i'm not even here ........ i'm a h a l l u c i n a t i o n

@gingerreadsthings I think if there is a timeskip and romance begins then and Nina is 19, then the king would be 23 at that point. The age difference is not that much. I think the way Nina is drawn looks extra young, while the king doesn't look 19 at all, more like late 20s or 30. At this point it's kind of questionable whether you can say the king is grooming her. He treats her like a pet, so idk. Doesn't seem so good either way.

Wish grand duke were an option instead. Such a cutie.

Um... Perhaps it went over my head, but why is there so much outrage? If the king no longer has use for her, he would get rid of her (kill her). The doctor wants him to send her to him instead of killing her (there was no romantic intention in his ask) ... What is wrong here? Do y'all want her to die? I'm confused.

Also I haven't seen any romantic intentions from the King or Doctor towards her, where are people coming from with that? The king sees her as an amusing pain relief patch, and the doctor an experiment. They both may have affection for her, but it isn't romantic attraction.

The only hint of romance existing in this story is between her and the Grand Duke and that was a one-sided situation.

Are we reading the same thing?

Dex-chan lover
@KenOne. The outrage is pure gold to me. Everyone has forgotten she's in TL novel with lots of sex scenes. Last I checked, she isn't getting treated that way. We still don't have the full picture of how she fits in.

I don't see a problem, either, between Ricardo and Dio discussing how to handle our charming MC. They both care for her, and being friends themselves, Dio is covering for his friend Ricardo. Dio just gave Ricardo a way out if the church has ulterior motives with our MC, and Ricardo has to be king about it. Of course, there is the underlying building tension regarding their relationships, but that's part of the future drama as our MC gets older.

people nee to calm down, he literally only said he has a soft spot for her (and so does everybody) and y'all acting like he's been fucking her every night

"she's literally a child!" yeah and that's why absolutely nothing happened yet

Dex-chan lover
I mean a guy lacking feelings for someone wouldn't exactly drink a person's injury blood the way the King did on a whim, but hey, he probably doesn't even realize it himself yet. And it's a fantasy European setting, and Nina's fifteen and trying to avoid this stuff, the story's already thrown around implications that were she less fortunate she probably would've been sold off to far less pleasant conditions. The big problem is because she looks younger than fifteen (yet Alex had a super huge ass growth spurt after his initial appearances, almost like the artist is adjusting and improving their own designs as they go), everyone thinks the story's dipping into lolicon, but the bath scenes would've been a hell of a lot more awkward if that was the aim.

I'd assume there will be a timeskip if/when the king does take a romantic interest in her, but if not, it's not unexpected for the setting and the artist is fairly clean all things considered. Which is ironic given the contents of the novel Lee drew herself towards in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
So the church sent her to the castle so the it'd be the king's problem and so the king would have to kill her.

Users who are viewing this thread