Love Score - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - Chise and Kyouhei

Hopefully she truly is happy being with whomever she chose, not just because an AI told her she should be or because he forced her into it in some way.

It's important to note too, the guy at the end here DOESN'T LOOK LIKE the same guy at the end of chapter 5.

Dex-chan lover
Now I'm just looking forward to her meeting the stylish punk she ended up with, since she seemed happy there.

Interesting if now author have changed to her perspective and we will have 4 more chapters with Chise- at least seems so for now.
I still wonder if author will go with somewhat focused story with like Yuuji as MMC and Chise as FMC slowly building relationship. I mean they are somewhat connected in every chapter either with other girls being Chise friend or Yuuji just being somewhere close to her like now. Also Chise seems like she (that last thought about You never know until you give it a try) might give it a try with like around 50% score, so this could happen in chapter 5.
Or author would just changed perspective and protagonist so someone totally new again with main focus being whole Wiss and App mystery.

@ThePaulBunyanTrophy
Thanks for chapter!

Dex-chan lover
@dojinshi

It had to be said. Seriously, what's with the double-standard some people have sometimes?

If anything, props to the author for going this way and making us gain some perspective.

Now, I do think that there's something that hasn't been explained at an ontological level. Does the simulation also predict changes in personality? Or does it give a score based on one's self at the moment?

Dex-chan lover
It does feel like an NTR situation more than most even if it isn't because the author has primed us to view her has the most likely partner for MC and have shown a good dynamic for them.

It only hurts because the author set it up that way to begin with and has primed us to be sympathetic to the MC. I hope he wins.

Dex-chan lover
The creators of this app must be swimming in cash by now, if playing around with the app (which costs 500 yen per try) seems to be a normalized activity at parties and stuff, even for people who aren't looking for a partner.

Double-page supporter
These aren't even "virtual" scenarios the users are seeing. We're getting a peek into the algorithm's process. All the user ever sees are a few computer-generated snapshots and the compatibility percentage, and it's a safe bet none of the snapshots are rated beyond PG. NTR isn't even a concept inside the fiction.

Fed-Kun's army
@Raknasuu

I don't think so and I don't think it needs to. The simulations seem to be current snapshots. It simulates multiple relatively short-term instances using the present parameters, instead of taking the current parameters and extrapolating them into the future, which I think would be much more difficult and less reliable. That is, it might be able to take the variations in the 1000 simulations and extrapolate from that your variability. So if your simulation behaved very consistently in most or all of the 1000 simulations, then you most likely won't change in the future. But i you did, then your personality might change, but it'd be another question altogether as to what direction.

Dex-chan lover
why someone would say ntr about this? not even netori... this is the same but with this girl, maybe her friend ends with the first MC, she could get a higher rate or even slightly lower but will be happy anyways

Dex-chan lover
@Raknasuu

It would probably know the user enough such that it could tell what the possible personality changes are i guess. Like if a person is good, but their fragile to loss and they lose a family member, they could be dramatically different and thus the compatibility likelihood could be dramatically different, thus resulting in wide ranges among the millions of simulations that are done. So i guess it would have to give a number for how likely it is that they experience loss in the near future? and in some way average it with the simulations in which it doesnt happen, thus giving you the score. It shows that the number is just a probability at the end of the day. It could probably showcase this by adding additional info like (this person has an addictive personality, if they do find themselves addicted to a,b,c things, then the probability of success drops by x amount) but that information is waaay too personal to give to other people, sooooo...

@rebel16 I do know that their just pics and the readers are the only one's that see a simulation so to speak, i just use "virtual scenarios" cause its easier to say. you're right tho

Dex-chan lover
@ThePaulBunyanTrophy

Thanks for the interesting insight!

If it's that way it means that the app it's useful for finding someone to date atm but that doesn't mean it would find someone you would end up marrying (If they are into that). After all, dating someone changes you.

So, the algorithm actually answers in this way to data the people input:

The you right now has this possibilities of having a fruitful and compatible relationship with this X person in the next, let's say, 2 to 3 months.

So it's logical that running a simulation again after some time has passed might change the porcentages considerably, depending on how much one has changed.

@dojinshi

I like that is a different take in which the capabilities of the simulation to reach further in the future are more reliable, yet become unreliable precisely because of that reach.

And it case it isn't about reach, then it raises other questions about how the probability works. To give an example:

Maybe this score is not that high because even if the simulation tells us that this is the person that might bring a positive personality change to your life, you won't be able to reciprocate those changes.

Users who are viewing this thread