LV999 no Murabito

@Panma That's up to you

I'll have to dig for a bit to get the reason as this was already a few months ago and was already being debated more than half a year before we actually went through with it

@fletterman

Are you part of Champion Scans? If so, you have to understand how silly this looks that you don't even remember why you removed the chapters in the first place.

now i just use mangadex for tag searching and bookmarking. read them somewhere else.

review: fantasy one punch man. it's good

So the bad king power was to brainwash people? Really ? top quality writing here, and the would never smile again, that's some serious dumb reason to save a backstabber.

Dex-chan lover
Hehe good time to have Spanish as my Natural Language

Pero que les paso a los fansubs en Ingles ....?

@fletterman

Sooooooo.... Why did you guys pull all your series? Y'all say it wasn't for money, so what's up? I seriously don't understand the choice. All this does is upset a large portion of your readers, and doesn't actually bring more views to your site because most readers use sites like this one to know when the chapters release in the first place!

Please reply, I seriously need to know the logic behind this move.

They think people will come read it on their website, with their reader (and bringing them money through their pateon, no matter what they say, in the end that's all it's about)

But what they forget is the are not the only translators. there are dozens translators, and hundreds to thousands of manga, manhwa, manhua, lianhuanhua, pixiv/twitter comics and the likes, and people won't keep a bookmark for every single title they read, which is why they use aggregators.

And by removing their translations from "safe" aggregators (with links to the translating teams' websites and all), they will just push their readers to cancerous things with f#cktons of ads (like kissplague) who just vampirize their work without even giving credits to anyone (and won't let them remove anything)
Also, since they are unlisted from dex, how would anybody know about them or their translation ? (which team was it, btw ?)
Basically, everybody loses... except kancermanga

@WadeTheWilson This was our announcement given for at the time (image below). The thing is (and I'll be shit on for this and hated, whatever else people who like to make us look bad for leaving say): there's no difference for us whether you visit here or our site, we don't earn anything from views. The amount of views on our site stayed around the same with a slight increase after it if I remember correctly (could've stayed the same, for sure wasn't less though) and since there are no ads on our site we wouldn't earn anything extra from moving it all solely to our own website. We still continue a lot of our series. It's purely as stated in the image below: we got here because of high demand, at our own choice, later decided it wasn't for us so we left as there wasn't any requirement for us to be here, again at our own choice. As for the much loved reason a lot of the people give for us leaving: funding, too bad but we don't get paid so that would never work as a reason. Because we don't get paid we do this at our own pace, in our own spare time and for our own enjoyment. Money isn't involved for us besides what we get from patreons which we use to buy the raws when they are released, pay the storage and pay the hosting with. Nothing goes to any member of the team so no, it was never about funding or whatever people want to call it.
Fgw0KR7.png

@fletterman
Okay, well first off: Thanks for the reply. I truly do appreciate you taking the time. Also, thanks for your translations, you guys do a bunch of the manga I love.

I'm a content creator and I understand the loss of drive and unhappiness, and how little things that the audience can't understand might add to that. I do.

But here's where you lose me: Why remove all of the previously uploaded chapters from this site? Why not simply cease uploading here? That way people could still read the older chapters, and even find your website easier, right?

If it was just the process of uploading here that you hated, is it not possible to just let someone else upload them and deal with this site while your team focuses on what makes you happy?

If there's some other problem y'all don't want to talk about, I understand, but... I guess I just don't see how this specific move helps you guys in the long run, I guess?

That said, thanks again!

Fed-Kun's army
@WadeTheWilson You won't get any honest answers out of them, along with Meraki scans, Retard_ and JB among others. Their response is nothing but pr speak, the real reason they changed their name from champion scans is almost certainly not what they claim. The timing couldn't be any more obvious. I know for a fact that when it comes to JB it was all about the money but I don't know about champion scans. All I know is that they left together with the other groups and a bunch of slanderous shit was thrown from both sides. At the time of the exodus there were many groups attempting to stir the pot, it's plausible that JB had a role in it as well considering it had been confirmed that JB did in fact operate under another group to snipe series and piss off other scanlators.

realized, all of their solo ( https://mangadex.org/group/215/project-time/manga/ ) project here has been pulled out
but yeah...too bad, i rather read here with many manga that i follow so that i can be updated at once..
i appreciate their work for i read some of their scanslation too

Users who are viewing this thread