Machikado Mazoku - Vol. 3 Ch. 39 - Sunset Oath! The Road Ahead for us Fellow Demons

Dex-chan lover
@Lilliwyt ```I always heard "Protecting the city" but as far as i'm concerned, nothing serious really happen so far and the only time Momo did use her powers to save alive, it was Shamiko's one in the first chapters.```

Ten Year ago there was 2 large incident s, but was resolved by Sakura, 1st Mikan Curse incident, and 2nd Joshua sealed Incident.

At the present days, the city is rather peaceful because Sakura seal and magic barrier protect the city. (this barrier currently maintained by Momo)

It is seems that only in tamagawa city demon clan, human, and mahou shoujo can coexist peacefully, and most other mahou shoujo actually battle freak and mercilessly hunt demon clan for points.

That's why Momo is really concerned when she lost magical power.
in next volume there will appear said ruthless other Mahou Shoujo and evil demon clan

I do hope the author doesn't overdo it with Shamiko's obliviousness. Most specifically, I hope Shamiko doesn't start attributing Momo's future displays of concern for her to Sakura's core.

Thankfully some cliches have been avoided so perhaps it won't go that way.

pg 12, "everything that we've for for" -> "everything that we've worked for"
pg 13, "give it shot" -> "give it a shot"

@1412

"this barrier currently maintained by Momo"
Momo is not maintaining the Barrier. The barrier remains stable on its own
Until it began to weaken in volume 5

Also,
"in next volume there will appear said ruthless other Mahou Shoujo and evil demon clan"

that is a mistake,
The arrival of the Chinese magic girl will happen in volume 5, not in the subsequent one (the fourth). By the way, if by the
evil demon you mean the snake, you're wrong. the snake is a sealed god that, in fact, eliminates demons. dont is a dark clan member [/ spoiler]

Dex-chan lover
@Reiba1925

Yeah my bad, three mistake I am out 😅

But if Momo not maintain the barrier why it's power waning when she lost her blood to Shamiko? Also once she also said that she gonna tweaked the barrier so Mikan can enter the town

CMIIW, maybe there are multiple layer of barrier in that town, seals that protect the citizens, like Asura and Shamiko house, in short to protect demon clan so they don't meet with Mahou Shoujo, which is maintained by Sakura
And barrier that Momo maintain to protect the city from outsider, aka prevent strange people and Mahou Shoujo to enter the town

@1412
Could you tell me when Momo mentioned manipulating the barrier? I don't remember thats was said in any chapter. Anyway, Momo mentioned that she helped Sakura in the past, any time she created magic circles. It would not be strange if she knew how to manipulate the barrier her sister maked if she had already helped her with her previous creations.

About why the barrier began to weaken
according to Ogura, it is because Shamiko invited Momo to her house. That action contradicted the purpose for which the barrier was created (keeping the dark clan members separated from the magical girls), calling into question the reason for their existence. Now, why Ogura know that? and how she could realized the weakening of the barrier when even Momo not could? It is still a mystery

Momo smiled... I can die in peace now. But seriously, the smile caught me as off guard as Shmaiko. It must be her ultra-special move: Fresh Peach Heart-Piercing Smile!
Like the other people here, I hope that Shamiko becomes a smarty demon and realizes how much Momo likes her.

Dex-chan lover
@Reiba1925

https://mangadex.org/chapter/699162/1
At the page where Mikan showed her phone to Shamiko. (Last Page)

In same scene in Anime episode 8 the text Momo send to Mikan is like this :

"Mazoku took my magical energy."
"I need your help. "
"I temporarily lifted the barrier, so you should be able to meet the Mazoku."

____
Also as I said there might be multiple Barrier we refer to here, one is that cover the entire city, and one that cover specific place like Shamiko house and Asura cafe

So there are two instance of incident of barrier breach (three if count Asura Cafe).

Barrier in Shamiko's house is disabled for Momo and Mikan because Shamiko invited them to her house,
and Shamiko took Momo blood causing the city barrier become unstable.

When the city barrier is unstable, and Momo can find Shamiko's house, Momo still can't find Asura because the barrier there was still intact, that is why they need to brute force break the barrier.

Also, from my understanding, When Sakura was active in that city, Momo was live in another city, and only return to stay in Tamagawa city after Sakura disappeared. But she might be occasionally helped Sakura in that city
that is why Momo doesn't fully understand the Barriers put in the entire town

Again CMIIW

@1412

Thank you :). I had forgotten that call.

And that was not the only thing in which my memory failed me. The statement of Momo that I mentioned happened in a chapter of volume 4 in which Mikan and Momo try to make a barrier that repels insects. I saw it again and what Momo really said was "I have learned how to make basic ones from Ane". the the conversation in question:
Momo: It's nigh impossible to not have gus when we live in this utterly ruined, dinky apartment.
Shamiko: ruined?
Momo: we can't keep going like this...
Momo: Let's make a bug repelling barrier.

Momo: A simplified version
Momo: to the "anti-magical girl barrier" that's pasted over your door, Shamiko.
(ruin?)

Momo: Although complicated and long-lasting barriers cannot be made without some good sense and putting in some real effort...
Momo: I have learned how to make basic ones from Ane.
. I guess it's my first strike 😅.

On the issue of multiple barriers. I'm not sure if the barrier that covers the city has different layers (and I don't know what CMIIW means, I'm sorry), but what is a fact is that that barrier is not the same barrier as the one it was in Azura coffee or the one in Seiko's house.
These barriers were generated by the seals that were stuck in the entrances of each site, and Sakura created those seals to protect the homes of Seiko and Shirozawa in case a magical girl entered the city (both barriers were made specifically to repel members of the light clan), and therefore, its scope was limited to Azura coffee and Seiko's house.
The city's barrier covers the entire city and has other functions apart from repelling unwanted visitors. How to prevent demons and magical girls from coming face to face within the city. Also (if I remember correctly), it was mentioned in a chapter that exist a seal that acts as core of the barrier (like in the case of the previously mentioned barriers), hidden somewhere in the city.

About momo's relationship with the barrier. As I said at the beginning, Momo is not maintaining the barrier (that she can manipulate it does change nothing). Her loss of blood has nothing to do with the state of the Barrier because her condition does not affect the barrier in the least. Cone I said before, what really weakened the barrier was
Shamiko's invitation. That invitation affected both the city barrier and the barrier of her house.
. The beginning of the degradation of the barrier coincides chronologically with the loss of power of Momo because the loss of power of Momo coincides chronologically with that other fact (both hapenned in the same chapter), there is nothing more about it.

@1412
@Reiba1925
It's mostly like Reiba says, but I also want to add that the barrier at Shamiko's house is destroyed. The moment she invited Momo in, the seal on the door got torn off. It no longer works. My guess is the same happened to cafe Asura thanks to Momo and Mikan's forced entry and meeting the two demons. In general the town barrier does not seem to keep working if the magical girl and demon actually meet somehow. Probably a loophole in the seal's coding a la "Light Clan and Dark Clan cannot meet, so if they do meet it means they can't be Light and Dark Clan." A logical error that makes them immune to the effects after breaking the rule.
Momo and Shamiko are already unknown factors to the barrier because they both have light & dark affinities at the same time. But even Mikan can safely meet Shirozawa and Riko, so my previous assumption about meeting and the barrier at Asura having been destroyed seem most likely.

Dex-chan lover
@BugDemon

Shamiko's house seal paper was already torn even before Shamiko invited Momo to her house
Please refer to anime episode 5 @ 19:23

@1412
Nope, I won't take the anime as evidence for anything. In the manga the seal only appeared once before Momo pointed it out and it was intact then. In the manga the only time it was torn was after Shamiko took Momo's blood and she was invited over. It only stopped working after the invitation anyway, so there is literally no denying it.

Dex-chan lover
You know...if they behave sex it would probably be super awkward for Sakura.

More importantly. Shamiko, you've won,
Don't cry!

Double-page supporter
@BugDemon
Had a quick look through the manga, and the only shot I could find of the seal is chapter 10 page 7, which is the same scene that was pointed out for the anime. Shamiko's head is covering most of it, but what you can see does match up with the detailed close up later on in chapter 13. You can see that the seal has already been torn.

@MemoryIris
I think that's pretty hard to tell due to Shamiko's head. I don't see it as torn.
Either way, no matter what any of you say, the barrier still worked until Shamiko invited Momo. That fact doesn't change.

Double-page supporter
@BugDemon
Shamiko's head isn't completely in the way. You would be able to see a more complete circle if the paper was intact, but instead you can only see the top left corner, the small bit that's all that remains of the bottom left corner, and then a blank space until Shamiko covers the rest.

@MemoryIris
Hm, if you put it that way I can sorta see what you mean. That makes little sense though.
Well maybe it wasn't completely torn. Whatever.

@BugDemon
@MemoryIris
If you allow me to speak, in the final chapter of the anime (minute 9:45) Shamiko mentions that the barrier of her house had deteriorated over time.
This would tell us that the permission Shamiko gave to Momo to enter her home was only "the drop that spilled the vessel" and finished breaking a barrier that had been cracking for years.
Now, this only happened in the anime, so it has no relevance for the manga (unless Ito make a reference to this scene in a future chapter of the manga, or mentions in some occasion that is canon for both the anime and for the manga) and the discussion, I know, but I think it's a fact worth mentioning 😄.

Users who are viewing this thread