Machikado Mazoku - Vol. 3 Ch. 39 - Sunset Oath! The Road Ahead for us Fellow Demons

Dex-chan lover
@BugDemon
Is the barrier even broken though? Momo and Mikan can get in because they know Shamiko and were invited in, which is mentioned as the way to get around the barrier, not the way to break it. Inviting Momo probably works like a door in a wall, it lets her get in and out where it previously blocked her. But just because she can get through the door doesn't mean the whole wall collapses. It probably still works for any other Magical Girls that haven't been invited in.

@ilikepi31415
@BugDemon
@MemoryIris
HOLY # $% &! ilikepi31415 you have right 😱!
An anon in shamilator's most recent translation thread wrote a short summary of the events in subsequent chapters volume 5, among other things he mentions "Ogura falls into the barrier protecting Shamiko's house, which is some kinda mirror world where everything is "not quite right." Everything is similar to the shit they know, but its wrong somehow, and fake. Momo and Shamiko dive in as well and try to find the real Ogura, but they run into a lot of fake stuff. ". Thread link: http://boards.4channel.org/a/thread/195095107#p195167816

Man, I feel so stupid right now. I had seen the raws of those chapters (66-68) before. but for some reason I thought
that Ogura had ended inside the city barrier, which in retrospect makes no sense because she was inspecting the broken seal of shamiko's house before being transported 😞[/ spoiler]

@ilikepi31415
Mikan was never invited though. She literally just came to live at the appartment. If the barrier that keeps magical girls away was still intact she would never have made it there. It must be destroyed.

@Reiba1925
That is clearly a different type of barrier from the one that keeps outsiders away. It's like a last resort protection. We don't know the context or purpose yet either.

Dex-chan lover
@BugDemon
Mikan's first appearance in Shamiko's house, she explicitly states she was invited in. Previously the only part of the housing complex she was seen in was her own rented room.
Chapter 29, Page 5, Panel 1

@BugDemon
Yes, we know the context. Chapter 67
Ogura was at the entrance to Shamiko's house with a magnifying glass inspecting the door. Then Ryo arrives and meets Ogura. Ogura is visibly altered, she starts talking (partly for herself, partly for Ryo) about how the barrier is weakening and how something bad will happen soon, popsteriorly gives Ryo a speech about how they should "walk the road unknown together "similar to the one she gave to Shamiko in the past, when she invited her to har laboratory. Ryo on the other hand, does not understand anything about what Ogura is talking about, but in the end, she chooses to follow the game. Ogura was about to do something at the door with an instrument, but at that moment, the place where the seal was once stuck begins to shine. Ogura is surrounded by light and is finally transported in front of Ryo, leaving only her glasses behind.
raw Link: https://mega.nz/#!WotTnCyB!5JAWl1yx2BGq4VoAHBsITSEQnClka-J0pKK0N11Q7vM

There is nothing clear. We were never mentioned that there was another barrier placed on Shamiko's house (there certainly was not more than one in Azura coffee) and we have nothing to indicate that it is a different barrier.

@ilikepi31415
So? Do you actually believe the barrier only affects Shamiko's flat specifically? Momo was unable to even follow her to the appartment complex. That means she could not follow her there no matter how hard she tried. I think you are now kinda just altering the rules however it suits you... The only way to somehow make your viewpoint work is that the barrier became so weak that its radius shrank, but there is really no indication for that at all.

@Reiba1925
Exactly there is no way to tell what this new "barrier" is even about. The fact that Ogura had to mess with the broken seal to even get there shows it's not the normal repellent seal used anywhere else. I mean the effects should speak for themselves, this usually doesn't happen. Unless you suggest this kind of thing would have happened at Cafe Asura as well?

@BugDemon
As I said before, we have nothing to indicate that it is a different barrier. certainly, is not impossible that it is another barrier, but there is nothing to indicate that this is the case.

on the other hand, we know that the anon referred to this barrier as "the barrier PROTECTING Shamiko's house". Which Ogura was investigating a barrier that was weakening in Shamiko's house (I don't know if she refer to it specifically as the barrier that protects shamiko's house, but it can be interpreted that it is. since she doesn't mention that it is a different or new barrier) and Ogura was transported when trying to manipulate the place where was the seal. Therefore, everything seems to point to the new barrier being the same barrier. Maybe not quite confirmed (or yes, we would have to wait for a translation), but for now, it looks like the most likely.

The teleportation was mostly a kind of accident, Ogura didn't want it to happen. We do not know that cause it but it did not seem to be a defense mechanism or a function of the barrier.

@Reiba1925
Barriers are there to protect by default. Nothing you say here indicates it's the same as the repelling barrier and it's quite unecessary to even speculate that at all. It's such a nonsensical point of discussion... The fact that the repelleing barrier doesn't work anymore and that the effects are completely different imply more than enough on their own, but hell if I care anymore.

@BugDemon
"Barriers are there to protect by default" The barriers are made to repel the light clan. Ogura is not a member of the light clan and lives inside shamiko's house.
There is no reason for the barrier to react to her. I insist, teleportation was something that didn't was suposed to happen and we not know what caused it. Not even Ogura (one of the most intelligent characters in the series, in addition to someone who seems to be very familiar with the barriers) expected it to happen.

"Nothing you say here indicates it's the same as the repelling barrier"
Yes, I mentioned that the user who read the chapter and provided the summary called it THE BARRIER PROTECTING SHAMIKO'S HOUSE. not a new barrier, not another one, not one of many, THE barrier protecting shamiko's house.

"The fact that the repelleing barrier doesn't work anymore and that the effects are completely different imply more than enough on their own"
I know that I am gona look like a kind of tape recorder at this point but, as I said,
what Ogura ends in another dimension was not because it was a capacity of the barrier (Why would Sakura create a barrier that transport people to parallel dimensions? By God), it was an accident caused by her attempt to manipulate the barrier.
and even if the barrier in shamiko's house stopped working, it does not mean that there disappeared, one thing does not rule out the other.

What I am trying to say is that, based on recent events, it seems that despite the fact that the barrier in Shamiko's house became dysfunctional, it never ceased to exist. which seems to me a fairly reasonable explanation that does not contradict anything you have said before and, in fact, creates a midpoint between everything that has been said before. The barrier was never destroyed (as @ilikepi31415 say) but it has stopped working (as you say), it fits well, doesn't it?

Edit: until now I realize that I should have mark as spoiler several parts of my comment 😨, I apologize for my lack of care 😢.

Double-page supporter
@BugDemon
For what it's worth, remember that Mikan couldn't find the place even though she was standing right outside of it. The initial impression is that Mikan was ignoring the run down place on her own, but it's also possible that the barrier was preventing her from recognising her destination until Shamiko points it out to her, which may have the same effect as inviting her in. Hard to count this as proper evidence of the barrier working though

Also since chapter 67 was brought up, you people might want to look at the door again.
The paper is almost completely gone now, the top left corner is the only thing that's left.

Mikan could find the apartment, she just didn't think it was the place she was looking for because of its so ... abandoned look.
https://mangadex.org/chapter/722295/1

For the seal
I Know, only the corners of the paper remain, for that I say "manipulate the place where was the seal" [/ spoiler]

@Reiba1925
Though as I said I don't care about these pedantics anymore and don't really have an issue with your overall conclusion (that was never something I argued against) saying "The barrier protecting Shamiko's house" is a neutral and generic descriptor. It does not imply it is "the only" barrier or even that it is relevant to the repelling one. Please don't use unclear statements as evidence... again.
Ogura most likely tampered with the source code of the dead barrier and triggered an unintended mechanism. Sakura was messing with probability, so that is highly dangerous.

@MemoryIris
I'm glad you realized yourself that that's one heck of a stretch.

Dex-chan lover
There will be a chapter where Mikan and Momo put extra barrier to repel cockroaches,
is that have any impact to the overall barrier work in Banda Terrace?

@1412
No.
As they used Shamiko's mana to create the barrier, it is so weak that it is not able to last even half a day 😅. The chapter ends with Momo forcing Shamiko to create more anti-bugs barriers, claiming that it is a good way to train her mana.

Fed-Kun's army
This is not at all a big deal but I think somebody said they might be checking older chapters for typos:

p. 15: "akward" should be "awkward"

Fed-Kun's army
It been a while now but. What this 'ether' stuff? Something like magically materialize?
@Joerailgun
“Ether” or “aether” is the fifth element in the classical western elements (earth, fire, air, water, and aether), it’s what the Greeks believed the gods breathed instead of air, and was also the name scientists in the 1800s gave to a hypothetical substance that filled outer space, before discovering that space was just a cold lifeless void. So basically magic-space-god energy.
Either that or it’s a transparent, highly flammable liquid. Sounds a bit less likely for a magical girl to be made of though.
It's really, really late, but ether in this story is highly-condensed magic. The familiars reforge a magical girl's body out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread