Machikado Mazoku - Vol. 4 Ch. 41 - Deadline Draws Near!! Fight Against the Piles of Homework!

@Glomoro
Gay marriage is not legal nationwide in Japan, but in select districts, cities and even one prefecture. They are veeery slowly getting there, but it's still pretty hard for LGBT people. Even those marriage certificates handed out are only recognized if the gay couple keeps living in that small legal zone.
But in this story we are dealing with demons and magical girls who don't have to abide by the laws. There are several ways I can think of how they could circumvent this. For one, Sakura basically bought half of the city, so the mayor would absolutely follow any policy that she would prefer (like her little sister getting married to another girl). Cities can decide themselves whether they want to acknowledge gay marriage after all.
There is also the fact that Magical Girls get a wish if they defeat enough demons... maybe those points can be exchanged for making gay marriage legal across the world (just kidding lol)

Dex-chan lover
How did this series happen? The consistent overall quality of the art, unforgettable characters with sharply distinctive character design, meticulous plotting with no loose plot strands, poignant drama on all levels, effective action sequences, and sweetly sexy hilarious romance.

And it's definitely a yuri. The venue will make sure it's a gentle and indirect one with only spare physical stuff; that's just the way it goes. But these two lovable girls shaped by an ancient war, drawn to each other and increasingly locked into each other's lives in a way that enhances rather than cancels out each one's individuality... This can't be dodged with a "oh, they're just friends". How many friends will literally give their lives in order to save friends from drowning in nightmares? And the sexual attraction between them is vivid.

I know all this is obvious, but it's so refreshing. Many thanks to the good people bringing this series to those of us who don't know the Japanese language, who seem to do so for no reason other than a kind of loving generosity.

Dex-chan lover
I am confused with the setting of the place where the conversation takes place, Shamiko's house, or Momo's room? it seems the location is changed several times between those two locations

Also, are Shamiko's household have a table or not? if she has one, why Shamiko keep uses Otosan Bako as a table? only Momo uses the table in Shamiko's house in this chapter.

Also, did they return to Shamiko's house after Seiko reprimand them and tell them to go outside?

@1412 It's in Shamiko's house, both the table and the box are shown in the same panel on the last page. Shamiko probably only uses it when Momo is there, since Momo seems to have issues using the DaddyBox.

In a bit of a hurry, but errors:

Page 2, strip 1, panel 2, It's more "You know how you leave the the assignment printouts from the end of term in the back of your desks?", and Shamiko goes, "What do you mean 'you know'?". Momo proposes it like it's a common demeanor, and Shamiko objects. Shamiko is also a lot more polite in Japanese than "What do you mean", but translating her Keigo can be opening up a can of worms.

Page 2, strip 2, panel 4, "But Shamiko, don't you still struggle with tests even if you do your homework seriously?".

Page 4, strip 1, panel 2, Momo was not certain, "I was probably an orphan", or "I seemed to be an orphan".

Dex-chan lover
It took me 41 chapters to realize the credits page says : Fresh Peach Heart Shower

I feel like such an idiot

Dex-chan lover
Shamiko's getting really good at letting out those villainous vibes... The way she talks and her confidence when doing so has greatly improved since the early chapters. She takes after her ancestor in all the right ways.

Also this chapter was especially gay, for reasons other posters have already pointed out. Going dark side == confessing in this manga, it's already too late to pretend Momo, YOU'RE IN.

Dex-chan lover
Nice.

unknown.png

shamiko, we all know you like momo, but thats jumping too far ahead!

Hang in there, Shamiko!!

It's kinda silly to assume you'll cringe at "I wanna be a magical girl who falls to darkness". It'd be cringeworthy for normal people but it's not cringey when you're an actual magical girl. Chuunibyou is only cringe because it's pretend. Once you have actual magic it's not chuunibyou, it's badass. She'll probably look back on it and then give her demon wifey a snuggle while going "aww" or something similar.

Users who are viewing this thread