Machikado Mazoku - Vol. 4 Ch. 42 - Win Her Over With Food! Secret Demon Recipe!!

I think your normal bento looks just fine Shamiko, don't worry so much about impressing Momo. She'll love whatever you make for her as long as the feelings are right.

Anyway, we all know that Momo thought of this as a date considering how she dressed up and her expression during the greeting and her reaction to more people crashing the party. The tiger babies clearly weren't her only interest for the Zoo hehe~
I find it interesting that Momo doesn't mind Mikan hanging around as a third wheel though. Last time she and Shamiko hung out alone or were talking on Twitter Momo got super jealous, but it seems she doesn't mind as long as she is around. She seems to have recgonized Mikan as a non-threat. Guess those 10 years of friendship are worth something. Maybe she is even aware that Mikan can see through her feelings for Shamiko easily.

Either way, Riko will be having a field day with Momo.

Dex-chan lover
The number of human and supernatural beings aware of the Momo/Shamiko romance:

I think there are four, namely Anri, Lilith, Foxey (Liko/Rico/Riko/Pico), and Mikan. Shamiko's family is bound to come around.

There has been a lot less errors recently, which is always good! Thanks for doing these as always!
There's two this time, and the first one's quite important:

Page 5, first strip, panel one, "Well, the Miko-han lately haven't seemed very active, but watch out for yourself, Yuko-han". It's basically the opposite.
Page 6, first strip. panel one, convenient is actually written as "delicious" in original text. Shirozawa then replies, "That's right. We're just walking bonuses...".

Dex-chan lover
@thofheinz Momo literally called Shamiko's mom, mom, and the little sister thinks Shamiko seduced Momo over to the darkside. I'm pretty sure they know, you know?

@lostleader
That Momo calling Seiko "mother" part was a mistranslation. At least contextually. She basically just called her "miss".

@BugDemon How you can contextually translate wrong Okaa-san? It doesn't translate as miss in any context, that's why Shamiko reacted to it, she was expecting Momo to call her miss but went for Okaa-san instead. People changing it to miss didn't get the scene.

@Medusa
Addressing the mother of a friend or the household as "mother" is the equivalent of calling them Miss in this context. It's basically omitting the "Shamiko's" from "Shamiko's mother".
This kind of phrasing is used a lot for characters with no romantic involvement with the child of a mother and would never be seen as that. Japanese people have this tendency to address others as their role in the house.
Shamiko reacted that way, because Seiko was so nonchalant and accepting of a magical girl being friendly with her. It's almost like you are the one who didn't get the scene.

The potential Yuuko has is kinda crazy, a weapon that's only limits is the wielder's imagination and a power that can control the very fate of a sleeping target. Not to mention she's a demon with natural inherent magical power that apparently comes from a powerful royal bloodline. If this were an action manga, Yuuko would easily become the world's strongest. Heck, she still might despite it not being one.

(https://mangadex.org/chapter/753414/7)
I adore how Shirozawa quickly realizes the enormous potential that Shamiko has (before finishing everything with a joke). After all, the object she has in her hands is very dangerous and her abilities are very strong, if it wasn't for she grew up in an environment of overprotection, and because of her inability to properly use her abilities (not to mention her low reserves of Mana), she really would be a very powerful demon. And although that is not the case in this moment, that does not mean that the potential isn't present. It still exists, but Shamiko has to develop it properly. Which will be a very long and difficult processn but not an impossible one.
I don't think the problem is that she grew up in overprotection, but that she was a scrawny child who couldn't live outside a hospital bed. If she didn't grow up in "overprotection" then she wouldn't be stronger, she'd be dead, hence why it's not really "overprotection" but "the necessary amount of protection" instead.

Users who are viewing this thread