Machikado Mazoku - Vol. 4 Ch. 44 - Black Emotions!! Darkness Peach Special!!

@Reiba1925
Eh doesn't matter. The point is clear, it's far off.
By the way it's PS, not PD. If you want to post images you need to use a host service like Imgur and then copy the IMG link here. I'll help you out this time.
za1iV6x.png

Page 117 of volume 5; It's kind of infamous now.

Throwing my two cents into the ring here. Momo's a walking mess of complexes, with fear, insecurity, pride, and abandonment issues. She knows there's Very Bad Things out there, spent years fighting them, and saw things that made her all but quit wanting to be a magical girl. Now she's got Shamiko, who's basically her best friend and her sister all wrapped up into one; she's determined to protect her, and in order to do that she doesn't want to give up her strength out of fear of losing all she's got left to live for.

Shamiko said Momo would make a better demon, and like a demon, Momo's being greedy and wants it all. She wants to keep her strength, she wants to keep the most important person/people to her safe, she wants Shamiko to become strong, and while part of Momo probably really does want to be Shamiko's vassal, she also has her own stubborn pride that won't permit her to bend knee to someone so much weaker. In holding out for when she can have it all without having to make sacrifices, she's walking a knife's edge, and you can only do that for so long.

@Evron
I apologize. I didn't realize it when I wrote the comment. 😥

@BugDemon
Thanks for the information! 😁
PD: I just wanted to make the correction so that there was no confusion with the order of the chapters, I wasn't saying that because it was a different chapter, it would change something. 😅

Edit

@Evron
As I said before, the entire chapter was not translated, just that page.

@Reiba1925
facepalm
Evron asked you to put the entire sentence into the spoiler tag. Just do it please.

@shaeli
Solid analyses. I think Shamiko is quite the problem child too, thanks to her sad past. And she doesn't fall far behind on pride/tsundereness either.

@BugDemon
Really?... Maybe lack of sleep is affecting me😅. Well, I don't see the reason for hiding my entire sentence, just hiding what happened seems enough to me. But if that's what everyone wants, I'll do it.

@Evron
edit
....I apologize again for the inconvenience

@MemoryIris
Thanks! Mistakes in comment pointing out mistakes, I guess I didn't do enough double-checking.

That one would be my mistake. I have to be honest, I didn't even notice the ancestue was standing in the background. I'll edit the previous comment to avoid confusion.
Edit: And I even spelt your name wrong, oops. I and Ls.

Dex-chan lover
@GurrenPrime5 Regardless of whether yuri is or not, I would still avoid the term "shoujo ai". It just complicates the categorization without any reason. If it is not yuri, then no tag is needed. If it is yuri, then let yuri stand. A separate matter is that shoujo ai has recently been used as a loophole for shipers, to designate as yuri work that has never been positioned as romance. For example, something like Eupho. But as I understand it, the conversation is not about that.

@Kaldrak In Japan, yuri is considered any work that focuses on strong emotional bonds between female characters, even if there is no romance between them. Another thing, works like A-Channel, Slow Start or Comic Girls are obvious yuri bait, but for unknown reasons, they never officially received such a tag.

@SuperOniichan
I don’t know why you told me to not use “shoujo ai” anymore when I already said that I don’t use “shoujo ai” anymore. Why are you telling me to do something I’m already doing?
The stuff about about yuri having a broader meaning than we give it credit for is interesting though, and I might give it a deeper look.

Dex-chan lover
@GurrenPrime5 I am not trying to tell you what you should do. I just express my opinion in support of your words.

Well, if in the West yuri = lesbianism, then in Japan it is often yuri = any love between women. On the other hand, the Japanese often separate yuri and lesbian IRL. For example, Naoko Yamada denied yuri in Tamako Market, as she positioned Midori as a confused girl, and not the heroine of a romantic subplot. That is, in her understanding, she could be both a potential lesbian and not be a yuri character. In general, as you understand, this is a rather difficult question.

Dex-chan lover
Nice.

wow that was certainly very gay

i see Shamiko has her priorities set where she should
unknown.png

Hang in there, Shamiko!!

Users who are viewing this thread