Made in Abyss - Ch. 64 - Juusou

Dex-chan lover
Wow! This chapter came out of nowhere! It's funny how nobody cares anymore if Reg gets punched like garbage bag. Now it's time to sit back and wait for another chapter...at the end of the year, if we're lucky!~:wooow:

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
On one hand, this is generally a really cool fight scene that was easy to follow, pretty extensive yet didnt drag on(in terms of having to wait for a new chapter to finish it)and of course was drawn beautifully.

On another hand, fights are generally one of things I couldnt care less about in this story and having one with no real stakes that lasts nearly an entire chapter is a bit disappointing considering the release schedule. Oh well, see y'all in X months time for lolis,shotas, and furries in a bath 2: electric boogaloo

Dex-chan lover
Just awesome. Chapter length was worth the wait. Very action packed this time

Also I know it wasn't the video game series Tsukushi worked on, but Made in Abyss gives Summon Night vibes to me. Just Japanese made fantasy at it's best.

Last edited:
Reactions: GK
the chapter is satisfying and pleasant. Kind of a shame that we didn't see the lord of Dawn vs lord of mystery but it was still good.

at least we get more than 50 pages. But I want at least monthly releases instead of waiting for 9 months.

here's some hopium for anyone sad about the chapter wait: Tsukushi's been working on the next chapter for a month now and he's even streamed him drafting it already, so we could be seeing it very soon. also, if the trend of releasing the next volume over the summer is kept up, that means we'll be seeing 3-5 chapters in the next 5-ish months.
I'm also hoping the announcement of the next animated adaptation lit a fire under his ass to work harder.

Dex-chan lover
You can see them in omake chapters explaining nether glyphs.

Then we literally see them fucking dying (presumably from the birthday disease like a lot of other people on the surface) and Reg literally sees Sherumi's funeral plate on the 6th layer.

Wikia article about them.
Might mean that beast people are souls that got sucked into the abyss and took on living forms again.

This fight was very good for bringing the delver standard back around their tool use and raw power. With all the shonen battle powerups, they needed a way to show that "Nah, Ozen was REALLY holding back."

I wonder how Faputa fairs against Nishagora in the white whistle form.
Also I just realized while browsing around the wiki that Srajo (the white whistle woman) is the one that was sneak peaked with the plague doctor mask. Wonder what's up with that?

Users who are viewing this thread