Made in Abyss - Vol. 13 Ch. 69 - Maelstrom Danger Zone Part 2

Group Leader
This might track, actually. We didn't know much about the beast squad until basically now. We knew they had at least one relic attached to them, but now we know they actually all seem to have several relics as core parts of them.

I'll huff that copium as hard as possible until they outright say she is dead.
Honestly, Nanachi is kinda overdue for an upgrade. Reg get His white form. Riko has her white whistle that controls relics. Faputa is an immortal killing machine Who’s fully immune from the curse.

and meanwhile Nanachi has basically remained the same since we met her. Her knowledge of the abyss and and ability to sense the barrier was useful but it’s less effective down here when facing true monsters that she’s never seen before and can’t always be sensed.

lets Give her at least robot Legs so she can run a bit faster or something that enhances her senses even more.

Those giant invisible monstrosities remind me of the amygdalas from bloodborne.
Always there, just beyond your sight, staring into you.

Dsq

Aggregator gang
We should have known it wouldn't go well
nah-id-v0-sapfgnho0g9c1.png

I'd be surprised if Reg was just straight up dead. Feel like they are going to have a couple chapters trying to save him. Or like someone previously said he's gonna get bunch of relic implants like the twins.

Dex-chan lover
The very first thing they encounter in the 7th is some JRPG final boss level fuckery that (almost?) takes out one of the main characters instantly.

At least we got to see Faputa in murder mode again.

Ah fuck, AH FUCK!
plz nanachi stay alive, plz.
For the love of god, don't die on us

Double-page supporter
My bet is that Srajo explanation about the soul comes from personal experience. She probably have some sort of relic to bind the soul so they can revive the body later. Without that the resulting being would be a different person.

inb4 Nna-2.0, hope it'll be a good one

are there really 5 (at least) of the octopi monsters on that big spread page?

not sure I like Riko casually spilling the beans about Regu Beam to the other squad tho..

great chapters, thanks for the speedy TL :win:

Dex-chan lover
hey I am a biomedical scientist, not a doctor but I do know quite a bit about anatomy and stuff!
Here's what I think of Nanachi's condition, I tried to make it digestible for everyone: Dead

Users who are viewing this thread