Made in Abyss - Vol. 9 Ch. 55 - Faputa and Reg

Dex-chan lover
I think I have got the pieces together, keep in mind that I could be wrong.
▪︎The reason why Reg went back to the surface could be to gather some power to recharge his incinerator.
I don't think Lyza would send Reg to bring Riko down to the abyss, unless there is a final path that requires a child (pure minded) interference and she could rely on Riko for it. But I highly doubt that case. Also, seeing that Reg wasn't in any hurry, makes it more convincing that this wasn't the case. He even got to enjoy his time with Faputa ^^
▪︎Reg must be at his last shot of the incinerator, taking a hint from these lines on page 37
That's a power I really must not use right now. I don't know what'll happen to me the next time I fire it...
I know some of you reading this might say, why only on the surface, he even passed by the Idofront? Well, he probably didn't wanted to face Bondrewd. Remember how Nanachi and Riko needed to act as a distraction for it last time. Also, he probably didn't even know where it was, so why take the risk 😅
For further defense, Reg is like a relic to other people so he probably just hid himself most of the time. But for Riko's case was different, she needed help that time. Plus, he might have noticed that it was Lyza's daughter or he saw a resemblance of her.

Users who are viewing this thread