Made in Abyss - Vol. 9 Ch. 55 - Faputa and Reg

Double-page supporter
@arctic_sonata
I honestly couldn't disagree more with your character development comments. Mitty 2.0 allowed for Nanachi to have full closure over Mitty and resolve themselves fully to the party, before this Nanachi always mentioned "meeting Mitty again" and had massive regrets.

Riko, while not losing her excitement about the abyss, has certainly changed to be much less starry eyed and more practical. More independent as well looking at her actions rallying people against the jellyfish monster this arc.

And Reg is literally in the middle of character development this chapter as he confronts his past and betrays someone he used to be close to.

I think I've missed the Mitty 2.0 plot. I mean, I've read the manga but what happened I didn't really understand. Maybe I just couldn't accept Nanachi falling head over heels for a bootleg.

Fed-Kun's army
My reaction to every new chapter in a nutshell: "Incredible artwork... but what in tarnation is happening... sosu?"

Also, did page 39 just imply Faputa previously FUCKED Reg? I don't know if I'm reading too much into it, but even if I'm not, I also don't know how to feel about this!

Aggregator gang
@Fumettosa Supposedly, is a "perfect copy" of Mitty, therefore not exactly a counterfeit. Still stupid plot point tho. It only serves to confirm what I already knew which is how Mitty is nothing but a plot device. Almost like the author was trying his damnest to fabricate a conflict and cant help doing so in the most manufactured way possible..!

I still dont understand whats up with that shit Faputa said about the whistles moving around or whatever tf was that about.

@ilikepi31415 But the thing about Mitty begs the question of WHY. Why does Nanachi need any kind of "closure" when she supposedly didnt need it when she realized she was stuck waiting to die with Mitty before she meets Reg and Riko? She already had her realization, and her moving on (literally and metaphorically). Why was this sudden "oh woops we have an extra to spare" plot even needed?? I mean other than to make a bad attempt at pulling the reader's heartstrings or milking the Mitty and Nanachi drama. It just felt so unnecessary when they already basically had that plot point solved.

Riko learning of the dangers of the Abyss also already happened. This arc didnt really bring much for her to the table, to be honest. She got attached to these people because they helped her (normal response), and thats kinda it?? Her trying to save the village or stop the monster are kinda standard considering she could also die if she doesnt and how she isnt a shitty person/is meddling as fuck. That aside it IS true that the current conflict feels super disconnected from Riko and Reg, because in the end it barely affects them or makes them change in a significant manner.

Reg, who should have a more personal beef with this whole situation doesnt have it, or has a superficial connection because his memories got fucked up. He feels bad over having to fight Faputa who he can tell CLEARLY was fond of him but is like... Knowing something but not actually undersanding it. Someone telling you a technical term you never heard before, but you know what the person is telling you because they are speaking in the same language as you, you just dont know what it means. Is the same kind of deal here.

So yeah this arc feels quite disconnected from the main cast. Interesting lore, I guess, but otherwise is just kinda there.

Well, it seems we have some foreshadowing of who will be joining the party after this...

@Neverius yeah .. iknew that is power of wishtle but that i dint kno that reg became her atifact(or something i forgot it name) that why i'm so suprised abaout that . or did i'm just missed if she use that power before ?

@deadvote He has always been suspected to be an artifact, or an amalgamation of them, because of Riko initial analysis of his body, it is just that he must be connected to Riko as it is described certain white whistles activate certain relics as each one is different. She used it before, on chapter 46 second part ending and the beginning of the 47 but I think almost all of us really didn't connect that it was Reg hidden abilities being activated as we probably saw the change in Reg colors more like just an artistic effect.

Double-page supporter
this manga is all about exploring a giant hole
you shouldn't be surprised that other holes also get their share of exploration
heh

Ever since the start of the village arc I've had no fucking clue of what's going on

Well, at least this was a chapter where I wasn't confused about what's going on... unlike the rest of the arc where I had no fucking clue about anything.

What i think before read, Faputa try to return her boyfriend's memory by kiss. But actual, Faputa use her "Arm"..... oh really hardcore couple.

Those people who are confused, I suggest reading the previous chapters again. Binged read it and I can understand now. Maybe its the long update makes it confusing, your brain just need refreshing.

Dex-chan lover
After binge reading previous chapter... I quite understand and have a lot of question.

come to think about it, isn't that stick reg has on his back during the flashback lyza's weapon?

Users who are viewing this thread