Made in Abyss - Vol. 9 Ch. 55 - Faputa and Reg

I'm even more confused now, so the other white whistles have not just gone there and come back but have also been doing it for a long time, when bon was mentioned some chapters earlier i just assumed he sacrificed bodies on every trip; i was really confused about the whole riko and prushka whistle thing too when they buffed up reg but remembered whistles or just reverberating life stones in general unlock a relic's dormant abilities or smthn like that
all in all kinda confusing but still rly good chapter, we also got to see best girl one more time

Aggregator gang
Jesus Christ, this chapter is nightmare fuel.

Anyways so the theory says Reg got sent to save Riko or at least safely scort her down the abyss so she doesn't die from the next abyss induced cataclysm. Neat. So when are they nuking that lovecraftian hell hole?

Sad that Faputa loved Reg and Reg seemly loved her too but then Faputa got cucked.

I honestly cant say im agaisnt Faputa destroying the village anymore, but not because of her "justice" but because I want them to keep moving forward. They spent enough time on this place, I think If nothing else to add to Reg's past then they should just move on.

Dex-chan lover
This is going to end on such a sad note. There's no way to resolve the Faputa arc without something horrible happening. Poor Faputa, she had a hard life.

Dex-chan lover
Well, this is shaping up to be the most heartwrenching conclusion to an arc since Abyss' Best Dad's arc. Faputa is about as tragic a character as you could get, wholly trapped by her very nature into being destruction incarnate or destroyed.
I stil just want to FLOOF the MOTHE.

Dex-chan lover
I barely have any idea what’s going on anymore except the author is still a creep. I can’t imagine half of what happened here being animated and shown on Amazon.

Dim

Why did the big robot (gaburune is his name?) not recognize reg when they met in the present?
I'm lost damn

Dex-chan lover
@A-tan The way he responded to the things she said makes me think he did like her but his feelings weren't quite as strong as hers. Like she's like "lets have kids" and he's like "we could go on an adventure" in response, kinda seems like a deescalation.

Either way, it's true she basically got 'cucked' I guess.

I still don't understand why Riko and co don't just peace out of this conflict that they have no stake in and where the attacker is the actual victim. I mean holy shit, that semi conscious living village hates her residents so much that she rebelled in the only way she could by birthing a super killing machine to wipe them all out. At some point in this clusterfuck you just need to fold your hand cut your loses and leave. Just get out of the fucking way! You have more important things to worry about and as far as getting to the bottom of this shithole abyss goes, I would rather take my chances with a grateful near immortal super powered moth chick and her giant mech uncle than a bunch of literal parasites who can't even leave their rotting carcass of a house without dying.

Dex-chan lover
This arc is so depressing.

Though I don't really remember the last time I've read the chapter before this.

@nickzero10
Sometimes there aren't clear good guys and bad guys. Clearly Riko and Reg have grown attached to the people in the village and see them as people surviving in the only way they can rather than parasites. Faputa's motivations are sympathetic as well but Riko and Reg have never met Faputa's mother. They don't even see her as a conscious entity despite being told as much. Its clear that they can't sympathize with Faputa as much as they can with the villagers so that's why they've chosen the villagers.

Dex-chan lover
I hope Reg just blasts her to pieces so we can finally move on from this clusterfuck of an arc.

Is it just me, or Reg's desicions are straight up hypocritical? He was absolutely furios at Bondrewd for what he did to Nanachi and Mitty, but somehow Faputa should be okay with the fact that her mom is an immortal suffering abomination. I understand that he is totally spineless and just does what Riko and Nanachi tells him, but still...

Double-page supporter
@aishari
Except Reg doesn't know what the villagers did to Irumyui. He wasn't around when Vueko went into detail about the village's creation, he went off to talk to Faputa. And when Faputa explained her mother in the flashback she never mentioned how the village was created, she doesn't even know. And on top of that Reg doesn't remember his past interactions with Faputa.

As far as Reg is concerned this moth girl he used to be friends with want to kill her mom, which is just a big stone tower. Perhaps not even conscious anymore.

It's also different when it's someone you know personally and witnessed who's suffered, and someone who you never met who's suffering.

Users who are viewing this thread