Madonna ga Glass Case no Naka

Dex-chan lover
At first I thought that it's not to my taste. Too weird, I thought.

But I kept reading. It turns out, the character drama is pretty good. It's nothing special. It's basic chocolate chips cookie character drama. But nevertheless, it's still good.

Story was nice and all but a 20 year age difference seems a bit much even after she isn't a minor anymore

Group Leader
this isn't worth the read
you find yourself skim-reading through it all and looking at the pretty pictures since it's 70% "how to own a reptile pet" and 30% mediocre drama-story
the age-gap is huge between the main character and the heroine. people with keen eyes would notice how unnecessary the age gap is, and would question why the author didn't just make them the same age...
it tries to be a fun educational manga but it had to be creepy and uncomfortable by adding in the MC's reptile fetish. why? IS THIS EVEN IMPORTANT TO THE STORY??? i read the whole thing, and it only made the character be a creep with no real effect to the story other than... well, to make the guy look like a creep! was he even seen as a creep throughout the story, though? nope. it's just a detail the author wanted to put in. why? god knows.
it was revealed to one very important character in the story, and it was never referred to ever again.

a lot of characters in the manga were left to be riddled with plot-holes and felt like they were just written in for conveniently pushing the story forward.
hell, even the main character is filled with plot holes! it's established in the beginning that the MC was an awkward, nervous wreck and good for you: it's a character with characteristics, but for god's-sake, give him some form of character development...

this manga leaves you with more questions than it gives you answers, and really is just a disappointing low-brow when it tries to be hard-hitting and dramatic.

Dex-chan lover
@ihatethisfeature123 What for, why you ask ?
It called fetish. Don't judge
for your question, about his reptile fetish. It just fetish. do it done anything for the story ? Well, there are chapter when he avoid it and try to stay strong with his fetish but her appear in his mind. It sort of mind because of her, threaten his old fetish. Which is he try to not admit. See, that is build up. how the lolicon spirit grow on him.
don't use normie mindset here.

It's alright, nothing special, obviously, it was axed before it could go anywhere (thus the relatively rushed resolution of the DRAMA), but that doesn't mean it's "bad" by any stretch. However, it does have some of its aspects hindered by it.

Could have made the main guy younger or main girl older and nothing would change necessarily. It was still decidedly alright for a "I really like lizards but I also want to get published and my editor wanted a loli in it so here's a loli whooo."

Dex-chan lover
If you can read this comment, you're on a watch list. Congratulations!

Double-page supporter
This was nice, the mangaka should make a sequel to wrap up the story's plot holes. good read.

After reading the end :

717.jpg

It's cute, in a certain pug-like kind of way, but it's also very awkward... like, the relationship is adorable but it's also really fucked up and honestly I think it'd be much better if Yuri was older, maybe a timeskip ending where it's after she's graduated and came back to the store as an adult. That'd be great, instead it's the awkward love between a grown man and a 12 year old girl, and also the man is a sexual deviant that gets off on lizards doing the do, so it's very awkward when he develops an attraction to Yuri who is a child and it's honestly hard not to see the blatant issue there...

Cute story, love the attention and information on reptiles, but BOY OH BOY it's very heavy on the iffy loli side of things.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I don't think this is as loli as people think it is, nor is the MC a pedo. He fell for her because he thought she was a beautiful college girl only to learn that she was a 6th grader. She does not look like a loli. The fact that she's a 6th grader does not turn him on in the slightest in fact he's quite perturbed that she's a 6th grader and again he shows that he knows he can't touch her because she's underage. If he were a pedo, he'd be over the moon that she's a 6th grader but also disgusted because she looks like a college girl. A pedo would be like "oh fuck yeah an grade schooler." The MC is like "oh fuck no she's a grade schooler." Of course it'd be very wrong for them to be in a relationship before she's 18, but she has made her reservation already. All they'd need to do is wait till she's 18. Still, I wish she were a 3rd year high schooler or something, not a damn 6th grader. So anyways, I'd love to see an extra chapter or an epilogue showing them after she's 18, maybe they're married and have children and introduce the children to owning geckos. That'd be cute.

Dex-chan lover
Oh yay the oneshot has an epilogue and better ending imo, I liked it but cmoooon
make the timeskip more than a year, she's still 13 :( at least do a timeskip to when she's 18 and over and maybe even has a kid with Yuuya...

I think the romaji for the title is wrong. Shouldn't it be Madonna wa Glass Case no Naka? Since the particle は is wa not ga. Ga would be が.

Users who are viewing this thread