Madougushi Dahliya wa Utsumukanai ~Dahliya Wilts No More~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 1.2

Double-page supporter
Ooooookay, so this isn't a prequel but just spent an extra chapter to do the preamble stuff.

... Actually, whatever. Japan, you just do your thing. XD

Group Leader
@purpleBomber basically yeah, though the slow build up of this one I think made it all the worse as Dahliya slowly got worn down by Tobias. translating that section was awful
>weeps

This guy is the absolute fucking worst what the fuck :AquaChibi:

Can someone explain though, what is this?
I don't know which one of the two versions to read first
do I even need to read both of them or are they both same setting different paths?

Wow he's actually the fucking worst. They slept together in HER bed and used HER MOTHER'S furniture. Haaaaa how selfish and shameless can people be, honestly continues to surprise me

@Ronye I believe theyre the same story focused on different aspects. If im not mistaken this one is more focused on her constructions while the other is romance. Im not entirely sure myself so im just reading both

Dex-chan lover
@Ronye They're both adaptions of the novel. They're telling the same story, just differently. Read whichever you like.

The other one actually follows the novel more closely in that the novel started at the same point and the eventually told the stuff you see in this version in flashbacks. Though personally having already read the novel I actually prefer this take on it...feels less abrupt and gives more weight to what happens. Well, at least until this chapter which felt very rushed to me...I guess the author of this adaption is feeling pressured to catch up to the main story or something.

Don't know why there's a second take on the same story(there are so many good novel stories waiting to be drawn :D ), but I like the pace of this one. I'm guessing the first one was a literal conversion of the novel, and this one is styled to manga/anime pace and story telling.

jesus christ that dude...

well, on the brightside he isnt likely to keep his "true love" for long. the only reason dahliya stuck around for that abuse was a mental block telling her she should leave everything to him. doubt a noble lady is going to have the same issue telling him off when he starts trying to control her.

least thats my hope.

Dex-chan lover
Well, that escalated quickly. I guess the author didn't want to dwell on the engagement part for more than a chapter.

@CivilSky - maybe he'll have a more harmonious relationship with a girl who isn't such a doormat.
Still, it makes me wonder - why would a daughter of nobility marry a merchant and craftsman like him? Is it a setting where nobles are perpertually in debt, and she married for money?

Dex-chan lover
I've encounter women like that. "All for money" or "All for true love.". it's sad that they do this.

As well... dude's an idiot. He's restricting her freedom. One piece at a time. To me, I can deal with the first, but afterwards, that hammer on the gun gets farther and farther back.

I would of shot him, myself.

Dex-chan lover
He's a complete tool. I'm glad that this didn't take more than a couple of chapters to get rid of him.

Group Leader
@flannan the rosettis are actually new aristocracy (barons are usually aristocrats, not nobles), her dad was granted a baron title by the king for his craftsmanship work, but they're still essentially just craftsmen...just with a low title.

Supporter
Excellent chapter. I know we had to go through the the slow decline in happiness for most of it, but we get to see her catharsis when she comes through the other side, and knows that she is now an independent woman with the world before her and all the happiness and opportunites therin.

@CivilSky

The major reason he acted that way was due to his inferiority complex over her skills as a magic craftsman. He doesn't have such a thing with the other girl so that marriage might workout better. Him and the MC where just a completely wrong match in every way that was never going to work.

Users who are viewing this thread