Magi

Well for some reason i cant find magi so i thought this "add" thing is to request a manga but is to add a manga so i accidentally add this.So if someone is reading this can i show me a manga website (free) to read manga. Listen carefully! I want it to have double pages (when needed) good quality and pls be the viz transletion.

makes sense why there's no season 3. sheer amount of politics will not appeal to the casual viewer. also terrible power balance. anime studio dodged a bullet there by ending it on season 2. lastly, idealism is way over the top here. 10/10 would not recommend.

What a shame... Magi didn't deserve that ending. It wasn't extremely bad, but it doesn't fit with the rest of the story.

Ohtaka, what happened to you? :(

Even that, Magi is one of my favorite mangas of all time.

Double-page supporter
@Uniquenickname Hell, season 2 had a fair bit of bad politics and insane characters shoving them down our throats, simultaneous blessing/curse to not get 3 at this point

Edit: yeah I finished the rest of s2 today and I'll probably never dive into the manga knowing how much of a yikesfest it turns into, so if anybody wants to hit me with just a loose plot breakdown I'd appreciate it

If you are finished with the Magi manga I encourage you to check out the omakes and bonus chapters too! Ohtaka covered some extra stuff that she couldn't include in the manga. :D

@Ruisumaru according to rumors, the magazine magi was getting published in had a change of editors/head editor or something like that. they wanted to bring in new blood/manga that were more along their ideas, so ohtaka was pressured into rushing through with magi :( i agree that the ending's not the most awful it could have been, but what a shame.

On another note, I wanna plug Orient, Ohtaka's new-ish manga. Tbh, I couldn't really get into it initially, but the characters really grow on you. Things pick up in chapter 8 (the first arc, imho, is pretty bad), and things get exciting in chapter 19

Aggregator gang
hi bros anyone know what chapter is the ending of the anime?
I'm too lazy to read it from the very beginning sorry

Currently on ch21. Is the English getting better over time? It is horrible at the moment and at times really hard to understand. Weird sentence structures, wrong even. They use wrong prepositions with the corresponding verbs etc... Not to mention the inconsistency with names.
Kinda glad I watched the anime but because I had the impression that the anime was rushed at times, like leaving out significant interactions between the established cast and new characters to explain their bond I decided to read the manga. But seeing how the translations are... I dunno...

Lol one of my worst reads ever! don't bother reading this if you came here after watching the anime. Watching the anime is enough. I give this 6/10 at best.

Destiny this, destiny that..rinse and repeat.
Soul palace this, soul palace that..
God this, god that. lol at least it was fun when Al-thamen was the big bad.
I think it was amazing. Havimg a cliche final enemy is just boring and not thought out. I think every good manga i've ever read never had a clear enemy at the end of the story.

Currently on ch21. Is the English getting better over time? It is horrible at the moment and at times really hard to understand. Weird sentence structures, wrong even. They use wrong prepositions with the corresponding verbs etc... Not to mention the inconsistency with names.
Kinda glad I watched the anime but because I had the impression that the anime was rushed at times, like leaving out significant interactions between the established cast and new characters to explain their bond I decided to read the manga. But seeing how the translations are... I dunno...
The translations do get better, and once you get farther down the story theres only 1 or 2 scanlation changes from around chapter 150. I know this is an old reply but if you still haven't read it yet, i suggest you do.

One of the best manga i ever read. Fell in love with the characters, the world building, and the more philosophical side of the story. The author covered lot of sad and very real subjects people deal with in real life in a fictional world, with some variables like magic. But because of those variables it lets us see the subject i a more unbiased way. Without any prior knowledge or opinions of this world. The only thing that left me a bit unsatisfied is the ending. It was rushed and i didn't get to see many events i was hoping for.

/spoiler Like aladdin not getting a love interest, or alibabas wedding, what happened to sinbad as well as other smaller things.

Dex-chan lover
Time to reread this. Last time I finished it, it was during end of publication and community felt it was rushed. Now I completely don't remember how I felt back then

Group Leader
Well for some reason i cant find magi so i thought this "add" thing is to request a manga but is to add a manga so i accidentally add this.So if someone is reading this can i show me a manga website (free) to read manga. Listen carefully! I want it to have double pages (when needed) good quality and pls be the viz transletion.
Eeeh, volevi! Guarda che faccia da pezzente, non se l'aspettava il lezzo

Users who are viewing this thread