Magic Stone Gourmet: Eating Magical Power Made Me The Strongest - Vol. 2 Ch. 6 - Inhuman Power and Magic Stone Shop

Ehhh the Phantom Hand... I was imagining it to look like Petelgeuse's Unseen Hands (from Re:Zero) when I first read the novel, but now looking at it in manga form it looks more like ghouls' kagune (from Tokyo Ghoul).

Dex-chan lover
At first I thought they was going to say the only lover his mom could have in her life would be him

so this chapter implied that mommy dryad never sexed the dad. does the father think that ain is his child? i'm honestly not really peeved at the father anymore..

So the only lover that Ains mom can have is Win? Is she going to marry him in the future? Please spoil me if anyone's ahead

Dex-chan lover
@akomni

Sex was never really off the table explicitly, but rooting (not the aussie slang for sex) didn't occur.
And well, she hypnosed him into believing what she wanted him to believe.

What's amazing is that they all forgot about the 'Make him next leader' somehow.

Double-page supporter
The dad did NOTHING WRONG?!? He was a complete jerk! No matter how you view the mom's behavior, the dad and grandmother were not absolved by it.

Double-page supporter
If she had rooted/made a child with him then she would have effectively become a hostage as she would be unable to leave him and her life would be tied to his, I believe this means she'd die if he did. Given how he has been acting, with the assumption that he was unaware she didn't root/have his child, not rooting on him was likely the right choice.

Additionally, given that they said the agreement was Olivia's Child not Their Child the fact that she didn't root wouldn't affect their agreement.

Double-page supporter
@SeryjVolk are you sure we're reading the same story? It was specifically stated that the condition was "her child" not "their child". The mother didn't go back on the deal, the father did.

Besides, the father looks like someone who would take another wife anyways even if the mom did love him. He seems like the unfaithful type. Maybe that's why the mom refused to root with him? And what's more, that idiot guy didn't even try to gauge the MC's abilities even knowing he's a child of a Dryad. If he think with his brain instead of his genitals, he would have at least tried to curry the mother-son's favor (considering the mother-son's from a superior kingdom) instead of shunning them. He's unfaithful and an idiot, that's it.

Double-page supporter
since the father didn't know any better, he still violated the contract. he thought that ain was his own biological son, since the dryad used hypnosis or whatever it was, yet he still didn't appoint him as the head. in my opinion, the father is still in the wrong. the same thing would have happened if ain really was his son, just the dryad would be worse off.

Dex-chan lover
This person technically has the hips to be an extremely buff woman rather than a cross-dressing man. That said, it stops making a real difference after a certain threshold.

Dex-chan lover
Aww. Sells-woman is such a pretty lady.

Yepp, that rooting part is harsh. The King is right. Sending her into a political marriage, that would have held her life as hostage and with possibly no love involved, was a mistake to begin with. Now, I do feel a bit for the ex-dad. He married and wanted a child. They had "intercourse" (that might actually have not been very satisfying/fulfilling) and I guess nothing afterwards. I do believe Olivia was a very presentable wife and that she took her job seriously, but also a bad spouse. Of course he wouldn't be happy in that marriage. If it's an arranged marriage (always a bad idea) and nothing follows afterwards (and I bet he noticed she didn't trust him), and you are allowed to marry a second women and this way you do have a fulfilling married life, it's no wonder he preferred his real wife over his 1st one. Olivia married for political reasons and her political position she did get and could have kept. So far she has no right to complain about his behavior towards her. It's a different story about her son.

They had a deal. Ex-Dad's family would gain a rank they didn't deserve, as far as I know. Both nations would have been bound by MC, no matter who's son he is. That was the whole point of it. But maybe he somehow knew, that either something was fishy or even the whole truth. Maybe she couldn't hypnotize him or he remembered later. Or a parental trade should have been inherrited by MC and didn't show up. Or he knew about that rooting thing and that she didn't root and therefore couldn't have had sex with him in first place. If he does know, it all makes sense. Some bitch tried to fool him and steal his families fortune away. And his own kingdom was okay with it. If this was his way to stick the finger to them, it's okay. If not he is just an arsehole, that got lucky.
Handling his "son" this way though was bad. He wasn't overly cruel or violent, but didn't explane shit to him and didn't treated him at least kindly, if he had to lie to him, because he was too young. Shame on him.

As for Olivia: Being married off and being told to root is unreasonable. Her decision to not do so is sound except for one point. She didn't root, because an old fart died? Really? You simply don't root, if you are unsure about the commitment. Maybe she just told that her father as an excuse, though. I don't blame her for not doing so. Not. On. Bit. Though not telling her husband about it and backstabbing him was cruel. Just play fair with open cards. He knows the deal. Simply tell him, it's a job and that he should get a second wife and own children. Raise her son with him and let him be promoted, while his own kids would inherit his old title and all the lands. Nothing lost, just favors gained. Simple.

So, Ain has the absorb skill of his mother and has no other parentage. So he should be a dryad? That would mean he can only 'root' with one person.

I struggle to believe that something in this genre would go with monogamy instead of giving the protaganist a harem. Maybe they'll say he's not a dryad because of the royal bloodline species roulette thing, so he can take multiple wives.

Double-page supporter
I feel the need to point out given the kings reaction it could still cause a political issue, and she won't get off scott free for her action. She had other options to explore. Given what we've seen of her father, She could have talked to him. however none of this excuses Ain's "father" If he was under the assumption Ain's was his he violated their contract. If he knew the truth he also had other options to explore than just shunning them.

Users who are viewing this thread