Magic Stone Gourmet: Eating Magical Power Made Me The Strongest - Vol. 2 Ch. 6 - Inhuman Power and Magic Stone Shop

Dex-chan lover
@primrosea @Silveress
That might make the hero technically in the right. But that's so stupid. We're supposed to root for the hero who got wrongfully disinherited. But that would mean we're suppose to see a noble who decided to give his title and worldly possessions to his actual son instead of some random plant as the villain. The noble is the victim here anyway you look at it. He was being blackmailed into designating an unrelated kid as his heir.

Now, this clears up motivation why Ain's 'father' went with the second wife and her son instead. He might be hypnotized, but that doesn't mean oblivious. He and Ain's mother didn't trust each other, effectively crossing each other legs in their power games. They went so far that it lead to this situation. You can't really point clearly who is the victim of this deal. As the king said, it was a bad decision from the start.

Double-page supporter
My uncle got married to a woman who already had a child from her ex-boyfriend who ditched her because he got her pregnant. Nevertheless, my uncle still love the kid like he's his own son. So I'm kinda biased with this.

So from my perspective, the father didn't love MC simply because they ain't blood-related is a kind of a weak excuse. Also, people got to understand the Mom's circumstances. She can only have one partner for the rest of her life. I'm guessing she did this(reproduced by herself) to gauge the father's character and personality before pledging herself to him.
If I was in the Mom's shoes, I would have also second guess it if the man I'm to pledge my whole life to is so particular with such things.

Double-page supporter
@SeryjVolk Touche.
But still, this was a diplomatic marriage, and kind of an important one from how the characters made it sound. A deal was even made. From all the current information present, I say the father messed up pretty bad. So far, the author made it look like the father prioritize love over his duty as a noble.

On an off note, the father favors a woman with an undoubtedly terrible personality and her douche son. Can't say I have a lot of faith in the father's judgement.

Double-page supporter
The giving it to his rightful son would only work as an excuse if he knew about it, which it's possible and likely he didn't, you can fault her all you like, say it was a bad deal or not, but I don't think it excuses his actions either. He and his Mother were treating Olivia like a glorified servant, slighting her, and possibly spreading malicious rumors about Ain. The only reason I can think of that a mid to low ranking noble would do that to someone they know is the Princess of a more powerful nation is because they thought she couldn't leave or object and foolishly thought the other nation couldn't or wouldn't do something about, such as taking her away from him.

While this chapter tries to justify the father's actions, I'll stand with MC and mom ofc since we've read the spoilers and all that.

But from what we know
Mom didn't sleep with the guy because as a character whose characteristics are more dryad than human, the "root" problem has been discussed this chapter and when you think hard enough, she was right in doing so. If she slept with the father, she would be treated as a hostage. In the contract and by the human king's orders, he has to make Ain as his successor since it is because of said agreement that he had gotten promoted. Their family had more to gain being allies to the stronger nation after all.

Spoilers wise, what we know is that...
1. Father completely believed he slept with the mom (frankly, I'm a tad doubtful with this or I'm just forgetful.
2. It was because of worst grandmother/mother-in-law why both mother and son were mistreated (basically she was the main cause on why the father was influenced that way. There are other factors like the 2nd wife but he listens to his mother more). In mom's case, they already assumed she slept with him so she should be loyal to him according to the "root" process. Having low opinions on Ain in grandma's case was simply because she underestimated him (she wrongfully assumed his ability was weak. As an example, like the fate/Nasuverse, another person has the same ability but Ain literally has Rank EX (full immunity), grandma wrongfully assumed that Ain is like someone with the same ability (not sure if the ability has a similar name but definitely a different rank, even the simple Rank A only goes so far as resistance).
3. The father is just downright stupid. But then again, he chose the 2nd child to keep face (as he is a military man so he values combat based abilities more plus most human noblilities are unaware of said contract (remember the party where everyone was gossiping on Ain's rumored behavior). Father's just dumb/stupid. Grandma is overconfident. The kingdom... sadly lacks the necessary research or values to respect Ain's true potential and is more of a culture that values combat abilities. The father's only fault according to spoilers is disregarding MOST if not ALL that is listed to the contract/treaty.
4. 2nd wife was unaware of 1st wife's lineage and title (when she finds out later, naturally she becomes scared, anxious and stressed. Also, she has to constantly remind herself that what she did was right. Grandma's overconfidence isn't helping.
5. The brother naturally becomes spoiled and his supposed fiancee (the one he was supposed to meet at the party dumps him accdg. to spoilers). The siblings meet again after a timeskip. He becomes so arrogant and mocks Ain's group upon meeting each other again. Both nation's are at war at this point. 2nd brother challenges Ain into a duel abd laughingly loses against Ain's weakest retainer. He gets to fight Ain later and Ain has to lower his ability to not ruin what little pride he has left.

So overall... now that the kid is strong af... I wonder how strong compared to adventurers... also.... the contract becomes void root or not .. 1. not abiding by "olivias child being in line".
Bit confused on the stones... the one ains took in the Treasury wasn't that the devil kings? so whats the one in the hall that the cat said dont touch or am i misinterpreting something o.0?

So, she can "root" with only one man throught her whole life. She didn't "root" with anyone up to this point. She is awfully clingy to mc, with artist visualizing it as "boobs to the face" kind of clinging. Sooo, sweet home Alabama?

Double-page supporter
Bullshit
Doesn't make sense the mother was supposed to go that far when they now treat the whole deal very lightly so trash logic and bullshit
Characters' ideals and personality weirdly illogically contrast to their thought sequence due to the author's blunder
Playful settings
Bad execution

Dex-chan lover
@hikufalafel
The second wife and the son had almost no panel time. There's absolutely no way to accurately gauge their personalities. As for the father, while he might have messed up as a politician, he ends up looking morally superior and like a kind father. He chose his family over his country. While the hero and his mother look like a couple of greedy assholes who act insulted by not being handed a noble title that their country secured with political blackmail and they have no honest claim towards.

Dex-chan lover
@Hypothon
This seems like bad writing even taking your spoilers into account. Unless the author's aim was to make the mother and father morally equivalent, which I doubt since this is a cliche "guy considered useless proves everyone wrong by succeeding" set-up, and not a drama about intrigues with no clear hero. The mother dodged being betrayed by being the first to betray. Imagine if the father was an upstanding guy and made the hero to heir. He'd literally just throw his bloodline out the window and install a literal plant in it's place. What could the mother even do in that case? She obviously wouldn't tell him "Uh, that's not even your son, but thanks for the lands and title." She would literally turn into the villain of the story if the father hadn't betrayed her making them even in the process.

Double-page supporter
@SeryjVolk
Well, I read ahead a little.
The father is certainly not "putting his family first" over his country. He is just spineless and gullible. In fact, he is so easily manipulated by his mother (the grandmother, Isis, who's your typical villainous mother-in-law) into shunning Olivia to favor the second wife.

Logas does believed he slept with Olivia and believed Ain is his son. Despite that, he knowingly let the two being oppressed by the grandmother and the second wife. The father seems like a good person but just spineless and hopeless to a fault in disobeying his mother.

Although it wasn't stated, but it is heavily implied Olivia saw what kind of a person Logas is and this was the reason she hesitated to root with him. She actually tried to love him and make him a better person but Logas listens to his mother more. So Olivia gave up.

Users who are viewing this thread