Magical★Explorer - Reborn as a Side Character in a Fantasy Dating Sim - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

I think we'll be here for the king haul since it took 9 months to go from the prologue to chapter 1

Group Leader
Quick reminder for those who cba to check:

What we did before was an advertisment for the LN, not even a prologue. The official serialization started around 11 hours ago, so no it didn't take us this long to actually start it. On the contrary, Pika and I stayed up all night to work on this.

I see you two down there @pepo and @Ashley021

For crying out loud

p. 14 reference
Img2094.jpg

the story behind the picture:
A history: A company named élf made a sequel to their famous dating sim series called Kakyuusei 2 (the precursor to dating sims even before Tokimeki Memorial. Series's pretty huge in Japan. The company themselves used to be a behemoth in the eroge industry, with YU-NO, -saku series, Dragon Knight series, and Doukyuusei/Kakyuusei series under their belt, along with numerous other old VNs.) They spend much on promotional materials to advertise this new dating sim game, with an anime series that comes out before the game. They are so confident that the game will success, that they dare to put the release date of the game the same as Rance VI to rival Alice Soft (Look to the VNDB release date on both games if you don't believe me). But when the game comes out, it revealed to the players that:

1. The face of the game, the childhood friend main heroine Saimon Tamaki, told the MC when asked that she already in relationship with a rich medical student, and still in relationship with said boyfriend when the player enters her route. This is in contrast to all previous main heroines in their previous games of the series that doesn't have any boyfriend or even any knowledge of sex beforehand.

2. The scenes. The player can spot said childhood friend main heroine kissed, an groped on the crotch by said boyfriend while she clearly looks enjoying it. In front of the peeping MC. WITH EXCLUSIVE CG DEDICATED TO THE SCENE. You also can sometime catch her just walks out of a love hotel when exploring the city. In previous games, the heroine can flies off to another guy, but that's failure event if the player doesn't chase said heroine or fail spectacularly trying to get her. Here, it's a normal CG that you can get when trying to get her, and one will only unlock if you have sufficient affection rating to her. So the player basically already 'lost' her before the game starts.

3. The heroine's personality and route. During her route, it's necessary that you take her to dates if you want to get despite knowing that she already has a boyfriend. Later on, after her affection rating is high enough, her boyfriend starts taking her home after you date her. The day after that, when you meet her again, the MC asks if it's okay to keep dating her, she assures him it's fine. After being fetched 1 or 2 more times by said boyfriend after you date her, after at the last date, you find her having a quarrel with said boyfriend in front of a love hotel because she keeps dating her childhood friend, before he finally breaks up with her, wishing her happiness with the MC afterwards, and leaves with his car. After that she depressed and you have to cheer her up by being her rebound guy.

Later in her first sex scene the MC asks if she has done sex with the boyfriend, she confirms it and asks him to understand because she loved her very much.

Nevertheless, all these pissed people very much, which is understandable.

Dex-chan lover
This manga could be pretty neat, if it wasn't server through deranged japanese prism of erotic games and hunting after girls.

Dex-chan lover
@cumdumpster1 Are you telling me a company actually thought people would be happy playing a character who is getting literally cucked, intentionally ruining a relationship and then plays second fiddle rebound buddy to a no-name character? Is this what I'm being led to believe? Talk about a lack of self-awareness....

Milf target aquired!!! Honestly the support character (Takioto) looks more appealing compared to the eroge protag. No homo.

you know i though the protagonist would look a lot different to what i imagined when reading the novel

Dex-chan lover
@cumdumpster1
@Hitspark

oh come on, it's the other way around. You aren't losing her, your taking her. It sounds like it was the first VN where you go and NTR a guy. It was truly ahead of it's time...but more seriously, that's still the kind of over reaction that the mc is talking about, that weirdness where these guys get offended at the thought that a female has previous experience like they are somehow retroactively cheating on you. That sort of attitude from fans lowers the quality of VN stories...though,
that's kinda one of the points of this story.

@Meridis
The mc is literally getting cucked.
>that weirdness where these guys get offended at the thought that a female has previous experience like they are somehow retroactively cheating on you. That sort of attitude from fans lowers the quality of VN stories...though
No,it doesnt. And the mc of this manga agrees with what the otaku thinks. Its a normal reaction. I would feel anger and sadness aswell as many others would if the heroine was cucking the mc. Otaku does not lower the quality of VN's. If you like cuckshit go ahead and read it. If anything people that share your attitude are what lowers quality of visual novels.

>You aren't losing her, your taking her.
Now thats one hell of a cope.

Dex-chan lover
oh nice, can't wait for the next chapter, hopefully dude do some powerlevelling and small adventuring first instead of straight gettng trapped in erotic predicament.. wud be nice to see some facts about the world first.

Users who are viewing this thread