Magical Explorer - Reborn as a Side Character in a Fantasy Dating Sim - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

like i dont know why does he look to me like the character in a yaoi manga who tries to tell himself hes straight for like 20 years its probably just me tho

WOAH! I stopped reading this for a year, and now it's in manga form. Can't wait to read! And wait for the next chapter! 😂

@cumdumpster1
Holy shit I checked the game and dear God what a shit show her route is
Plus the game is advertised as "vanilla", good job bringing the right demographic.
I did some research and this game apparently destroyed the Elf company image, Good Riddance.
67b.jpg

Definitely watched. The character designs is pretty good and the setting is pretty interesting. I wonder what happened to the original Takioto though? Is he erased?

Dex-chan lover
Poor Takioto, he was a good man who never let others feel burdened by his own problems and insecurities. He used to have a carefree life, but worked hard to achieve something with his own talents. If this game was real, I'd always leave a spot for him in my party, always.

Fed-Kun's army
@Meridis This => @Jetstream300
Yup, pretty much the reason why readers got mad because it was a false advertising. It was advertised as a vanilla VN, which already set with something like the opposite of what Elf did in here-- basically current vanilla VNs are influenced a lot by ToHeart series. Just like what happened to Koi x Shin Ai Kanojo in few years back, thanks to false advertising, the developer declared bankruptcy few weeks after their debut VN release because their "target" readers already said they would boycott their (future) products.

Though to be fair, if they were not getting false advertisement, it wouldn't be blown up to that point-- in fact, there is a market for that. Well, Elf kept continuing creating similar (netori) VNs until they were bankrupt because that was the only market that they could penetrate after that event.

He could just collect all those super ultra ultimate legendary secret items on the game before the protag do, just like others that get isekai'd as side character. Lol

Pretty dep backstory, if i was playing that game he would be my fav charac since he acts stupid but is kind

Dex-chan lover
Never would've though i would get a history lesson in this comment section. Always appreciated an author that slipped a real life reference

Group Leader
This series is so self-aware by outright pointing at all the tropes from the get-go and unsaid facts about Japanese pop-culture entertainment media, just shy of breaking the 4th wall, it's more like you're looking at an aquarium, and the dolphin starts tapping the glass.

Dex-chan lover
Hmm. I'm kinda worried about how the series will progress... There was a lot of explaining in this chapter, and not a lot of doing.

Users who are viewing this thread