Magical★Explorer - Reborn as a Side Character in a Fantasy Dating Sim

Dex-chan lover
I feel like it has "eroge" in it's title to just make sound more distinct from the average "I'm in a videogame world where I know everything, so I'm basically god" kind of setting.

Fed-Kun's army
God this manga has all the potential of a high class eroge manga (if any eroge manga could ever be considered high class). Shame this seems to get updated so infrequently with all the potential it has.

Alright lads, saved. I found the LN to read instead. It's just called Magical★Explorer if you're interested. Which I finished, short read (2 days~) comments on that series below

As far as LN goes it ain't bad. It's really fun, the stakes are never high and it doesn't force eroge, instead opting for fun characters/circumstances. The best character is introduced around chapter 60, being Nanami a sarcastic kuudere angel maid (yeah it's pretty great). The other females are all decent but all fall in love with the MC after a few minutes (based on an eroge game so...). He is speed running a lot and ends up with a pretty good party that rivals the protagonists (who is also a pretty cool dude, no one important is a bad dude or an asshole so far). Overall it's short, easy to read and worth you time; don't expect anything grand but do enjoy yourself.

Also the MC isn't too bad for the genre, he does refuse sexual advances and try to avoid lewd scenes but he flirts and establishes connections as well. Not bad, not great, has some good banter and comedic timing

Im hoping this manga doesn't get a monthly updates.......
The story is interesting, mc is not dumb, That's good, Artstyle 10/10. Great Read!

well its a classic bait and switch
you thought the mc is a support charackters and will take another more creative new route of his owb but the story progresses as if he is the protagonist of the game
its still kind of new because the story starts before the events of the game and he still keeps the innate disabilities of the original charackter instead of overwriting them
and i feel very much that the Manga might be more enjoyable than the novel
because the story is more suited to visual presentation rather than a text based description of the story

Users who are viewing this thread