Magical Trans: The End of Mahou Shoujo Bu!?

Dex-chan lover
Joined
Mar 9, 2019
Messages
131
Hell yeah, love to see a fanwork actually engaging with the Gender Themes that manga like these often studiously ignore.
Ironically, I think the original did engage with the gender themes. It just never got to see them through. I'm glad to see this one try to bring those themes to their conclusion.
 
Group Leader
Joined
Sep 14, 2024
Messages
93
Ironically, I think the original did engage with the gender themes. It just never got to see them through. I'm glad to see this one try to bring those themes to their conclusion.
Indeed... Chapter 23 sets up the idea of Minami living as a girl very explicitly, and chapter 8 is frankly just Minami experiencing dysphoria... it was absolutely on Kashii-sensei's radar. Maybe he changed his mind, maybe the publisher said no, or maybe it was something else entirely, but regardless I really think there was going to be a major plotline on the topic that was scrapped in favor of maintaining the status quo :angery:
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Mar 9, 2019
Messages
131
Indeed... Chapter 23 sets up the idea of Minami living as a girl very explicitly, and chapter 8 is frankly just Minami experiencing dysphoria... it was absolutely on Kashii-sensei's radar. Maybe he changed his mind, maybe the publisher said no, or maybe it was something else entirely, but regardless I really think there was going to be a major plotline on the topic that was scrapped in favor of maintaining the status quo :angery:
I would argue those ideas are still present even late into the series. Like Minami meeting Akira at the cafe in girl form, saying "It's just my preference". Or in the second to last chapter on the date with Karin thinking "Maybe I should have come as a girl so we could both be in high spirits"
 
Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2018
Messages
6
Indeed... Chapter 23 sets up the idea of Minami living as a girl very explicitly, and chapter 8 is frankly just Minami experiencing dysphoria... it was absolutely on Kashii-sensei's radar. Maybe he changed his mind, maybe the publisher said no, or maybe it was something else entirely, but regardless I really think there was going to be a major plotline on the topic that was scrapped in favor of maintaining the status quo :angery:
i really enjoyed chapter 8! i’m glad to see something committing to the themes the original only glanced at. i hope one day kashii yutaka will get to see it. i think he might be somewhat aware of the english scanlation, so its not impossible!
 
Group Leader
Joined
Sep 14, 2024
Messages
93
i really enjoyed chapter 8! i’m glad to see something committing to the themes the original only glanced at. i hope one day kashii yutaka will get to see it. i think he might be somewhat aware of the english scanlation, so its not impossible!
Chapter 8 is sooo good but 23 is my favorite if you couldn't tell by the fact it's referenced in my chapter 2 :dogkek:
edit: it occurs to me that the end of my chapter 2 is a chapter 8 reference in a way too xd
And yes, one of my hopes...maybe more of a pipe dream... is that this doujin might give kashii-sensei a wake-up call. Like, if you wanna be a woman, that is more than doable...
1786847842301.png
mlem:
No, would Kashii-sensei. If the magical girl app actually existed, would you try using it? Sorry for the weird question.
kashii-sensei:
If it was reversible like in the manga, I'd use it casually. If it's a situation where it can't be reversed, I'd use it if it turns me into a "bishoujo". (Pretty girl.)
 
Last edited:
Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2018
Messages
6
Chapter 8 is sooo good but 23 is my favorite if you couldn't tell by the fact it's referenced in my chapter 2 :dogkek:
edit: it occurs to me that the end of my chapter 2 is a chapter 8 reference in a way too xd
And yes, one of my hopes...maybe more of a pipe dream... is that this doujin might give kashii-sensei a wake-up call. Like, if you wanna be a woman, that is more than doable...
View attachment 64770
mlem:

kashii-sensei:
ah. i wasn’t as active in following the chapters of magical trans after the ones i helped on. just had a lot going on then :(
 
Group Leader
Joined
Sep 14, 2024
Messages
93
ah. i wasn’t as active in following the chapters of magical trans after the ones i helped on. just had a lot going on then :(
Oh I didn't even clock that you were someone who'd worked on the scanlation! But sure enough, I see you in the credits for early chapters :salute: Happy to see you here!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top