Magical Trans! - Vol. 6 Ch. 61 - Pair-up Photo

Dex-chan lover
I don't think Maki's entirely male-gendered internally and it'd be hard to argue for it. On one hand it's perfectly possible to enjoy sometimes being a pretty girl while still being a guy? Though given how much Maki just utterly emotionally collapsed during that part where transforming was off-limits... yeah. Just food for thought, for anyone who'd claim Maki is 100% male-identifying. Guy was like a depressed husk for a while without access to the body he's come to really enjoy inhabiting.

Jury is still out on Akira. On one hand I see him doing the occasional "training" like that beach episode. On the other? He could genuinely not be all that comfortable expressing feminine, but his discomfort ironically comes off as pretty moe when in his transformed state.

(also I don't think pronouns are a big deal on the topic of manga characters. Japanese doesn't have an equivalent of a lot of them so call a genderswapped character whatever feels right to you. I'm going to use he/him for both of them unless one of them outright says something like they think they'd prefer to be a girl 24/7 if they could. Then it's all aboard to she/her station.)
Maki, if ending up cis and male, would be approaching that cis-ness with intent.
Maki, if ending up trans and female, would probably be comfortable about that or not really even give it a label.
Either way, it's cute how girlmode time is when we see our protagonist at their happiest.

Dex-chan lover
So you're saying, Akira, that you want a boyfriend? :pacman:

image.png

no just a pervert
Umm, no? Perversion was shown in the beginning (his behavior towards cosplaying with girls). However as time went on, nothing of Maki's experience is in any way sexual. They're just having fun as a girl and that's that. And if you think that a "boy" turning into a girl is inherently perverted, I have some bad news for you

Double-page supporter
Umm, no? Perversion was shown in the beginning (his behavior towards cosplaying with girls). However as time went on, nothing of Maki's experience is in any way sexual. They're just having fun as a girl and that's that. And if you think that a "boy" turning into a girl is inherently perverted, I have some bad news for you
perversion doesn't mean that it needs to be sexual, yoo
sexual deviant

I'm inclined toward Maki being at least genderfluid or bigender or something in the same territory. She definitely enjoys her time as a girl, but he seems to be comfortable enough being a guy, too. And I'm not sure his attitude would be the same if he ended being a girl full time, she seems to view her girl form as a way of having fun in ways he couldn't as a guy. But that's just my personal read on the character.

Dex-chan lover
I'm inclined toward Maki being at least genderfluid or bigender or something in the same territory. She definitely enjoys her time as a girl, but he seems to be comfortable enough being a guy, too. And I'm not sure his attitude would be the same if he ended being a girl full time, she seems to view her girl form as a way of having fun in ways he couldn't as a guy. But that's just my personal read on the character.
You know, I can see that argument's logic.

Dex-chan lover
could be genderfluid, could be non-dysphoric binary trans

from the dialogue n internal thought, maki clearly prefers being a girl, but is okay being a guy once in a while, just not forever. theres def a few ways to read it tho

Users who are viewing this thread