Mahou Shoujo Dandelion - Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
Oh, it's finally translated. There's been quite a bit of fanart posted, so I was curious if it'd turn out any good.
It's fine, I guess. No obvious flaws, but i feel like it hasn't distinguished itself yet.

Dex-chan lover
i was looking forward to the translation of this manga, a great start, i'm looking forward to the next chapters! thanks for the translation :win:

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!

Typos & edit suggestions: @NotsoFps
  • p5 single handedly -> single-handedly
  • p11 That's why shade can move... objects through their shadows. -> That's why shade can move... objects by controlling their shadows.
  • p17 magic warrior <-> p17 magical warrior <-> p18 magical warrior
  • p19 with us, [Butterfly] -> with us, [Butterfly],
  • p19 We promise to provide you with full support. -> We promise to provide you with our full support.
  • p25 That's who you are, Tanpopo -> That's who you are, Tanpopo.
  • p27 I am a phantom -> I am a phantom.
  • p29 Did your head hurt when you hit me? -> [From context, it seems like Shade is worrying that Tanpopo hurt her head when she ran through Shade and hit the wall. So maybe something like:] Did you hurt your head when you hit the wall?
  • p32 upon a... a fresher fish -> upon... a fresher fish

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the tl.
As someone who is a fan of Precure, I can definitely tell that this was made by a Close/Haruka shipper. Based taste.

Thanks for the tl.
As someone who is a fan of Precure, I can definitely tell that this was made by a Close/Haruka shipper. Based taste.
Eh, I don't know, although I can definitely see the inspiration...I don't know if I get "Ship" vibes from Shade and Tanpopo. Honestly, I kind of see it more as a father-daughter dynamic...which would is hilarious and...inevitably tragic depending on where this series goes

Eh, I don't know, although I can definitely see the inspiration...I don't know if I get "Ship" vibes from Shade and Tanpopo. Honestly, I kind of see it more as a father-daughter dynamic...which would is hilarious and...inevitably tragic depending on where this series goes
Father-daughter is definitely not the vibe they're going for, I'd understand it more if you even said older brother (though I don't think their relationship is familial). Overall I'd personally settle for what the story did tell us it was going for- they're friends.

That said, while there's a bunch of suggestive framing in their closeness I do think the romance tag should be removed from the page. It was never advertised as a romance and the author has never stated it was going to go that route so it's best not to give misplaced expectations.

As for my personal chapter thoughts this was neat, I've always wanted to see a yellow magical girl as the leading lady so that's nice and I like how it blends the more serious setting without making it outright grimdark. Kind of reminds me of the webtoon sleepless domain

Okay, this seems fun. Shade immediately fascinated me in more ways than one. Will look forward to more of this.

Users who are viewing this thread