Mahou Shoujo Site - Vol. 16 Ch. 139 - LAST ENTER - Asagiri Aya

Group Leader
lol, this comment section. Imagine whining about reading a series you don't even like.

That aside, the ending was pretty okay thematically and character-wise. I appreciate the author spending a few chapters to tone things down / wrap up. Plot-wise it was silly but everything still made sense in-universe. I bet most people were reading it for the action / characters moreso than the plot anyways.

Also, thanks for scanlating this series. The meme chap and the closing comments gave me a nice laugh.

brah wtf even happened. xD To be honest, the breaks between the manga chapters makes it pretty hard for us to remember the plot and whatnot. Us readers only spend like 1-2 minutes reading this whereas you scanlators spend way more time with this manga and thus remember more.
Also I made it to the end! :D

Dex-chan lover
She "saved" her, yet she's still a site admin in this reality...? Eh, whatever, I guess. -_-

Farewell to a legend.

Fed-Kun's army
My list of shit manga I follow to the end just extended a bit

Dex-chan lover
Welp, definitely a messy ending. It's happy, but it doesn't explain much about HOW it got that way. Like, are Aya's adopted parents good now? Is this now an alternate universe where the dad wasn't crazy and super-strict and abusive? And what about the other girls? Do they remember anything? And the crossover with Mahou Shoujo of the End wasn't overly satisfying to me. I feel a bit bad for everyone who hasn't read that one, because even after reading it this ending still raises questions. The universes didn't seem to have much in common, I don't think combining them was the right move. I feel like Mahou Shoujo Site's universe felt a bit more solidly defined.

But hey. Aya's alive, and so is everyone else. It's a happy ending, and I'll take it even if I don't fully understand it. Aya has definitely earned it.

I enjoyed this series for a while, but I do feel that the ending was crappy and rushed. Fun ideas and story, although I think there was messy execution on pretty much everything in the end. Not a fan of the twincest, but it is what it is. Which I guess applies to the manga in general. After everything they went through, I like the notion of a happy ending, but this felt pretty unearned and way too rushed to fully appreciate. And it looks like Tsurara and Hyoka are the only two who didn't get happy endings...

I never got very far in Magical Girl Apocalypse/of the End, but between what I did read and the people who gave some recaps over the past few weeks/months I was mostly able to follow along with some of that stuff. I think it's a bit shitty that this required knowledge of the end game of his previous series, as this was marketed as a spin-off and not a sequel.

Thanks to the scanlators for their work on this. I really loved reading this daily during that sped up release schedule.

Group Leader
Well damn, I have to say it was an ambitious project. Not necessarily good or without its share of problems, but certainly ambitious. I can respect that.

amazing. an intellectual masterpiece. loved it from start to finish. literally nothing beats mahou shoujo site. might read this twice tbh

ffs that was annoying. at least the ending was happy.

Yooooo I just realized Aya’s mom is holding the kitten Aya was feeding and stuff way back at the beginning

Dex-chan lover
After all the bullshit this manga pulled, I only wanted one thing from the ending: Aya being happy. It delivered on that. That's all that it matters to me.

Group Leader
Ending needed another chapter or two to flesh things out a bit more. That said, it's been a fun ride from start to finish. Thanks for the scans Kanami-chan.

Supporter
Thanks for the wild ride, oth the scanlators who brought this to as, as well as the original author. 😄

Can someone explain wtf happen in the end since I haven't read The End??

Double-page supporter
As person who didn't finish reading Magical Girl Of The End, It's kind of weird too see that Kii is randomly dead at beginning. He just appeared in this a bit and died?

It was good to get an explaination to hold 2 worlds together. But, I feel it shouldn't be necessary to do that.

I guess I feel it cut a lot of what happened into one chapter is a bit too much.

Thanks a lot for doing a work on this manga.

That was most certainly a thing. The series was interesting to follow, and even if I have a few issues with the pacing of the ending, we still got to see Aya and her family and friends happy at last. Whatever issues I have I can deal with for a seemingly fully happy ending.

Thank you to everyone who worked on the series for the hard work!

Users who are viewing this thread