Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Yokohama Souran-hen

MD@Home
The art is super sloppy compared to the rest of the series until I realized that it's done by the same guy who did Kuro no Shoukanshi , which has my favorite art style for showing someone who is drooling/crying/spitting/vomiting man I have a weird fetish...

do people not realize that part of the reason this series has a million separate parts is because each one is a different artist?

@Agent_Gunther It's not so much as people don't realise that there are different artists for each part but rather compared to the standard of the other parts, this art style just doesn't meet the standard of the other parts. The faces are poorly drawn and the characters bodies are stiff and unnatural. Even accounting for it being a simultaneous publishing series, with Mahouka's popularity it's surprising they didn't get a better artist to do this arc.

Dex-chan lover
@Scam Been there, done that maybe three times? I'd still like to read all of this eventually though.

Group Leader
Hi, yes I intend to finish the arc if I can. My workload increased due to COVID so I've just not had the time to work on this as well as everything else. I will finish it off eventually, though if someone wants to take the arc over in the meantime they are welcome to.

If you want to read the RAW of the last two volumes, they can be bought online on Book Walker (avoiding those pesky import fees). It's the only one I use when I buy digital RAW of the series I read here.

Users who are viewing this thread