Mahousekai no Uketsukejou ni Naritai desu! - Vol. 3 Ch. 11

@Dragou
He’s sorta sweet in the last few chapters. If he was less of a child in the beginning I’d have thought that he was a cute tsun of a ML. He still does things like poke her forehead with a cane though.

Their relationship actually kind of reminds me of Special A, though I think that both Kei and Hikari are a bit milder with their behaviour. It does help though that there isn’t magic and that Kei is a bit more dere comparatively.
Also another spoiler
You can almost kinda sympathize that he was waiting to court her like a normal human after he had permission to choose his wife but still... No need to act like a jerk in the meantime. Nunnaly isn’t as much of a peasant as people thought. Though she ends up not wanting to be recognized as such. Lockmann helps her by erasing the memories of some people.
In the last chapter they dance, Nunnaly trips onto him and that’s how the kiss happens.

Dex-chan lover
Aaah soo niiice! I love love their dynamic! <3

Also I fucking detest this comment section. Good day to yall! ^^

@OtomeAddict
ah so it's just as cliche as i thought thanks for the info. If it wasn't for the FL i would completely drop this the whole men controlling women telling them what they can and can't do while the next second they go off flirting with a bunch of women is not my cup of tea.
A shame it turns out that way would have preferred
she ended up with the Prince character or really just about anyone else :)

me too, @Sadrobot. me too . It seems according to most, Male leads just NEEDS to be all sunshine and blushy with a sincere face to be a good one. Different personalities are just not allowed and most that don't express themselves properly to the female leads are labeled as a**holes haha (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ I am so done with these people its just a damn story, and one with good relationship progress too compared to many others where they just go all blushy blushy.

Dex-chan lover
@Yoshiko09 YES! THIS! YYYESSS!!! 👏👏👏
The ML should take care of his love interest ok, but Nunally isnt a fragile fucking leaf in wind. She can stand on equal grounds with him and take pride in the fact their jests are reciprocated. I mean Numally is as stubborn as Lockman is mean. She doesn’t back down and bow. Even Lockman doesn’t want her to.
LOCKMAN LIKES THE STUBBORN AND CHILDISH NUNALLY!
Cause yes, she is too. Hating on their dynamic is denying Nunally’s strength. I find it hateful. Stop thinking that the FL should be protected oml!!!!
Also agree with their contradictions. They hate Lockman but drool over Claude from who made me a princess. Remind me again who fucking killed all the women in his harem? Remind me again who killed the first Atanasia without regrets?? Not Lockman.

Anyway, glad I’m not the only one who thinks like that. <3

hear hear!! you wrote it much better than I did.
I agree with that, so many people swooning over Claude while he shed so much blood ( killing so many peoplejust isn't right,even though he was suffering from a broken heart) and here people trashing over Alves/Alois .

(I wrote a bit too much..text under the spoiler.)

Exactly so, it's a tit for tat kind of thing they have going on. And I for one, enjoy Nunnuly and Alves's banters.
Alves says so himself in the previous chapter that he doesn't want Nunnuly to bow down to him and got annoyed when she was being all formal to him as if she was below him. He sees her as his equal.

Alves likes Nunnuly but they have different social statuses . Back in some chapter when they were talking about the laws , I take it that it's really hard for nobles to marry people outside of their social status (especially commoners). And Alves is a Duke's son and a prince's cousin, a direct relation with the king at that. Just how hard would that be (to establish a relationship with a commoner) for him.
An action like from someone so high up in the social ladder will most likely be frowned upon by the majority so he's obviously holding it back for both his sake and Nunnuly's and either slowly trying to close the relationship between them or is trying to rid his feelings of her so that no one will be hurt in the process.

To be honest, I feel like most of the commenters here when they started reading this first they already labelled Alves as a jerk to them. And being stubborn and not wanting to let go of that and say that they were wrong , make more accusations of him in an attempt to convince themselves that what they're saying is right. Sure he was a jerk at first but he's improved so much in one volume. Not paying attention to most of the story and say he's a jerk. It's really sad when that's also how it is in real life. ; - ;

You're right,Nunnuly isin't made out of glass. She's a strong woman! Not seeing eachother as a weak being that needs contant protection and seeing the capabilites in one another and trusting them to have the ability to do what needs to be done. That kind of relationship is more appealing. Alves does not look down on Nunnuly and her abilites and, Nunnuly sees Alves as a capable but rival friend sort of person. From the LN, this part of Nunnuly's pov strikes me a lot
" When Rockmann conjure flames I would freeze them, and should I conjure ice, Rockmann would melt it. One step forward, one step back, I could ask for no wortheir opponent. "

(PS I recommend checking it out, it's written really well.)
Most of the people going on about controlling jerks, first try to understand the story a bit instead of skim reading it. If you hate it to the point you can't do that, then just don't read and drop it. No one's forcing you to read something you don't like. Iv'e seen this kind of behaviour so many times it's pissing me off .Stop ruining it for the people who like a story. Don't come here just to hate without reading it properly.

Is it me or was there double meaning in their conversation (especially on Alves' side) on the way home?

ANYWAY I LOVE THIS SERIES

Fed-Kun's army
i enjoy their dynamic lmao but i also want to punch him in the face??? it's the playboy part negl. i don't think he's really hiding her preference for her but also like... he's kind of a jerk LOL so nunally is just like "IMMA BEAT!!! YOU!!! GOD!!" and i don't blame her. i still find them cute bc i'm a SUCKER for rivals to lovers :')))) I'M STILL PISSED ABOUT THAT GIRL FROM LAST CHAPTER LMAO WHO ARE YOU TO BUTT IN. AND IN THIS ONE TOO??? "mISS HELL YOU SIT OVER THERE" LMAO F OFF

thank you for the update~~

this is so gooood omg I'm in love w this manga!! the fl and ml are so cute together, always like a bickering couple. i hope the fl will realize her feelings for the ml soon waaaa

Dex-chan lover
gotta love the moral of the manga, a guy bullies a girl non stop for years until graduation, then he stalks her and forces her into situations she's uncomfortable with and then manipulates her into getting black out drunk and then takes her home to "pick up the dress".

like seriously people, why do you find this cute? how is the "relationship" between them cute? it's fucked up, he's just an abusive, manipulative bastard.

This is the cutest couple ever! There are no annoying secondary characters, no obsessed ML or FL and none of those toxic relationships.
It's just a fluffy and cute story about a bickering couple!

ughhhh he even takes care of her when he's drunk ngl

i'm in love with this couple even tho so many people here dislikes alves (ok it's ur opinion). my friends all bicker with me and it's fun, it shows that we're close LOL. and also people should remember that nunally is ranked 2nd in her year and alves 1st. so technically nunally isn't a weak FL, she can stand on her own two feet but she is reckless, that's why alves is there to keep her in check and saving her.

Females can also be capable and independent like males too!

...wow I didn't know ppl didn't like Alves haha. I think he's pretty sweet. You can tell he keeps himself in check but also can't help but do something with his feelings. Banter and bickering is just their dynamic. Yes, he could be nicer, but he's trying to hide his feelings - I view it as compensatory in a way. He's not bullying her either. Let's also recall that they are young and still rather immature.
Apart from just waiting for her to realise or start liking him, there's a big gap to jump socially - and we've all seen how society, especially the upper class, is. Eventually, one of them is going to have to compromise, or they have to give up on this relationship.
For now, let's just enjoy the story :)

Users who are viewing this thread