[Mainsite] Too many HTTP requests on the MDList edit page

Status
Not open for further replies.
While trying to figure out the sort order of MDLists, I opened one of my lists with a little over 1000 titles and clicked the edit button. When the MangaDex website tried to display the covers for all titles in the list, my browser presumably sent too many HTTP requests in too short a timeframe. This immediately got my IP banned from both the MangaDex website and this forum.

Contributor
Kinda funny.

But what kind of MDList do you have ? How do you use it efficiently ?

Yeah, I am probably not using that list as it was intended. It basically functions as a sort of inbox for manga with unread chapters. Whenever I want to read something I just pick the first item in that list. And just like an email inbox it builds up if more stuff comes in than you are able to read. There are three main reasons why I use that list.
  1. It is impossible to easily find a manga in the "plan to read" library. You cannot search through it and it is sorted by latest upload in any language, which is as good as random for finding any particular manga new or old. So the stuff I plan to read eventually goes in there and the stuff I actually want to get around to goes into the MDList.
  2. On the "reading" tab you cannot tell apart manga that have unread chapters from those you are caught up on. So if I am catching up on a manga it goes into the MDList.
  3. On the updates page you cannot filter based on read status (or anything else) and it is easy for unread chapters to get lost in a sea of read chapters if you fall behind. So anytime there is a new chapter I add that manga to the MDList for later reading.
It seemed like a good idea at the time and I remove any manga I am caught up on, but given the number of titles in the list and the weird sorting behaviour inside lists it isn't exactly a panacea.

That's fair, it doesn't really affect me that much. I look forward to seeing the new MDList/Library rework and thanks for your work on the site!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread