[Mainsite] URL's LongStrip Does Not Refresh For Each Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contributor
When I'm reading a LongStrip chapter, the URL doesn't refresh for each pages. Before, it was possible to copy the link leading to a certain "page"/advancement of the longstrip chapter.

In manga's format the URL update for each chapter.

Yuri Enjoyer
Staff
Developer
hmmm cc @Asyncantiunredoify idk if that was a voluntary change or just forgotten in the last big reader set of changes?

though given how much that potentially would spam the history, maybe a button to share a specific part would be better than defaulting to spamming the crap of the URL bar (some browsers don't like that much)

Professional lazy person
Staff
Developer
hmmm cc @Asyncantiunredoify idk if that was a voluntary change or just forgotten in the last big reader set of changes?

though given how much that potentially would spam the history, maybe a button to share a specific part would be better than defaulting to spamming the crap of the URL bar (some browsers don't like that much)
what i believe the user is referring to here is the longstrip tag where "pages" aren't a thing

updating the url with page number was intentionally left out, but i can look into adding it back (its always been inconsistent and a bit of a pain to make reliable)

Yuri Enjoyer
Staff
Developer
Yup that's what I meant. It felt like we might have removed it on purpose for that.

Dex-chan lover
It's easy in general to modify URL without adding to page history. replaceState vs pushState. vue may not make it easy, though.

Dex-chan lover
It's easy in general to modify URL without adding to page history. replaceState vs pushState. vue may not make it easy, though.
I think they're not talking about the back button but about the browser's history. I'm pretty sure replaceState still pushes to the browser history but not the back button.

Yuri Enjoyer
Staff
Developer
I distinctly remember seeing Safari on iOS throwing errors if replaceState was called too frequently, early on in v5. Though maybe that changed, and some debouncing of those would work too.

Yuri Enjoyer
Staff
Developer
Wouldn't the solution be to wait a set amount of time before making the update? Like make a loop that checks every 250 ms for the current page.
That's what "debouncing" effectively means, yes.

Dex-chan lover
That's what "debouncing" effectively means, yes.
Oh wow another oddly specific tech term. There are way too many terms like this that have a fancy word but you can't find more information about it without knowing that word. Like "reflection" for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread